10; light

she intrigued me.

after all the years of hating my guts, shes softened.

she wasn't as snarky, she didn't make as much blunt, insulting comments.

she didn't gawp at me, nor did she roll her eyes every few seconds.

i wasn't complaining, as i enjoyed her acting civil, but it was strange.

her actions as a whole have been strange, since the day her step father passed.

it has crossed my mind that his death could be the reason, but wouldn't it make her more problematic?

i've stayed up hours thinking about it.

i know i shouldn't be thinking about her- in fact, she's the last person who's supposed to be on my mind.

the sudden friendliness puzzled me. i shouldn't care, but i do.

maybe i'm just overthinking it. maybe tomorrow she'll be normal.

being as annoying as she always was.

my mind shifted from her, to the death note and "L."

i still was unaware of who he was. he didn't frighten me, not one bit, but more bothered me. he's interrupting my job.

on the brighter side, i was slowly, but surely getting the task force to not trust him.

they were suspecting him, everything was going as i planned.

unfortunately, y/n coming over has disrupted my usual criminal killing. i now have to wait until after she leaves.

i huffed and turned to lay on my side, breaking the stare i held on my ceiling for the past 30 minutes.

"are you alright, light," ryuk inquired, "what are you thinking about?"

i didn't reply. i was too tired to speak.

"y/n?"

i mentally rolled my eyes, and murmured, "no."

he laughed, and i ignored. my eyes shut, and i soon drifted off to sleep after.