11; y/n

i adjusted my position in my chair.

light wasn't in class yet, which was new. in fact, i don't believe ive ever witnessed him be absent.

probably busy murdering somebody.

i'd typically be beyond grateful for this situation, but not anymore.

i actually want him to show up. i want to talk to him, to get one step closer to a "bond."

i verbally sighed. not once would i ever imagine myself wanting to be friends with light.

but this death note distracted me. it gave me a reason to want to go to school. i enjoy the adrenaline. i adore the thrill. i love the risk. even if i'm not killing.

my head shot up as i heard the door open.

light walked in, head up, shoulders back, confident. as if he isn't 20 minutes late to class.

"my apologies," he says to our professor, "needed to help my sister with something."

he sat down in front of me. he either sits in front, or behind me.

professor doesn't really seem to care;

as long as he's in the overall area.

i noticed his eyes wandered to the side, glancing at me before he sat down.

i pulled out my paper for the project, as he did the same, grabbing the book as well.

i agreed to let him keep the book with him. every small kind gesture mattered in my current "plan."

"i took some notes," i spoke up, causing him to slight turn his body towards me.

he seemed dazed, as if my words threw him off.

he looked down at my paper which held the notes, then back up to me.

"okay," he paused for a second, "good."

daril chuckled behind me, which was contagious.

i mentally smirked, and bit my tongue, so i wouldn't let out a slight giggle either. i could tell i had an affect on him. i could tell that he was uneasy, wondering why i was intentionally speaking to him in words other than insults.

we held the same power by both owning a death note. but me giving sudden mixed signals, it made me feel more powerful, in a way.

it made me happy knowing that i was messing with that oh-so-intelligent brain of his.

+++

i threw on a grey zip up over my black tank top. i kept my beige, plaid skirt on, as i didn't have the energy to change into different bottoms.

i knew it was a tad bit too early to go to light's, but i didn't care. i threw my bag over my shoulder and went downstairs, leaving from my back door again. i didn't care enough to check on my mother.

i began the walk, chatting with daril about light.

"you're smart. smart for a human, at least."

i sniggered, slightly shaking my head.

"thanks, i think?"

"it doesn't bother you to be his friend?"

i shrugged.

"he surely does irritate me at times, but that's not more important than the purpose. i'm not letting my temper get in between this."

"would you consider going farther than friends?"

that question delayed my thought process.

"i mean, if it comes to that, and i have no other choice," i stayed silent for a moment, "i gotta do what i do."

i knocked twice on lights front door. as expected, his mother opened.

"hi ms. yagami, how are you?"

she moved, motioning me to come inside. i did as told.

"i'm great hun, thank you, how about yourself?"

"i'm doing good aswell. lights in his room?"

she nodded.

i gave her a friendly smiled, and made my way to lights room.

to my surprise, the door was open. i took this to my advantage.

i began snooping around, looking for the death note.

i checked under his pillow, desk drawers, exceptionally large closet, beneath his bed, behind any furniture, anywhere possible.

nothing.

i jumped as i heard a door open in the hallway. 

"fuck," i said under my breath.

i quickly, but stealthily jumped into his exceptionally large closet, closing the doors in front of me.

i was hidden behind plenty of hangers, which held jackets, hoodies, ties, and other parts of clothing light owned.

they all smelled like him, but it was good. he smelled very good. 

footsteps got closer to his room, and i heard someone, who i suspected to be light, close the door.

"yes," i heard him say, which confirmed my suspicion.

"not sure, she should be here soon."

she? was he talking about me?

i didn't hear any other voice, so i automatically assumed that he was speaking to a, or his, shinigami.

"i don't know either. it's weird, she's weird. it's throwing me off, i need to figure out what's going on. and i will, soon. i have it all planned out perfectly."

i'm weird? what the fuck is he planning?

"that's going better, as well. i'm getting closer to figuring out L, while he's left unacknowledged about me, or how i'm killing."

i felt my stomach do a somersault. i knew he had the death note, but this confirmed that i was correct.

L. the man who's been on the news, in search for kira.

kira, who was light. the man 5 feet of me.

the world's best detective doesn't have a clue who kira is, but i do.

this made me so much more dominant.

"no chance she does. how would she, anyways? it's basically impossible."

what's impossible?

"whatever. i'll be right back."

as soon as i heard the footsteps go farther away, i took this as my chance to come out, and act as if i've just arrived.

i did as planned, setting my backpack and jacket on the floor, and staying sat on his bed.