fifteen

A Ticking Bomb

Inumaki tapped his shoes against the ground worriedly, eyebrows furrowing as he watched (Y/N) rest unconscious on the clinic bed

Inumaki tapped his shoes against the ground worriedly, eyebrows furrowing as he watched (Y/N) rest unconscious on the clinic bed. Even though it had only been two days since she fell asleep, he still grew restless, blaming himself for what had happened.

If only I was stronger.

When Gojo had visited (Y/N), what he stated worried Inumaki and the others.

"She's in a domain. Her innate domain, to be exact," He remarked before light-heartedly chuckling in a playful tone,

"She'll be fine. She's strong by herself."

Inumaki clicked his tongue at the thought of the memory. How can Gojo take the situation so lightly?

Despite his silent demeanor, the others noticed how distraught Inumaki was. During practice, he'd either be a bit too aggressive or too distracted. There was a time where Kugisaki told him,

"Maki's so cool, huh?"

To which Inumaki absentmindedly muttered,

"Bonito flakes."

He immediately caught himself, stuttering,

"Ah, salmon, salmon."

Kugisaki's glares pierced like daggers through Inumaki before asking him,

"Are you sure you're alright?"

Inumaki simply gave her a subtle smile before turning away from her,

"Salmon."

Following that incident, the others made sure not to get onto Inumaki's nerves and not to pry too much. Inumaki slightly felt guilty, a bit flustered that his emotions got in the way of others.

Glancing over at (Y/N), a tight feeling tugged at his heart. He didn't know what it was, but assured himself that it was normal. After all, (Y/N) was also a human at the end of day.

"Inumaki! Look what I found," Inumaki heard as Kugisaki called out for him, sliding open the clinic door.

While (Y/N) was unconscious, the rest decided to help take part in the recovery. Inumaki would keep an eye on her for a while to see if she would be awake. On the other hand, Kugisaki had helped clean up (Y/N)'s room.

It was right next to Kugisaki's, after all, and she couldn't stand how unruly it was when she first visited.

Inumaki turned around, hiding behind the cover of his collar. He noticed a small notebook in Kugisaki's hands. Its cover was leather, rough to the touch when she handed it over to him.

"I found it laying in the open on her bed. Some of the papers were ripped out," Kugisaki stated as Inumaki hesitantly froze.