thirty one

Birthday Thief

You tapped your foot softly against the rough ground, your eyes glancing around the city every now and then

You tapped your foot softly against the rough ground, your eyes glancing around the city every now and then. Just like any other eccentric city, each street of Tokyo was filled with chatters and life. You stood silently next to your black coated bicycle, figure shadowed by a small grocery store tucked in between buildings.

Suddenly, you heard a soft bell ring as the doors of the store opened. There was Toge, one hand carrying a plastic bag with another in his pocket. While waiting for him, you felt a subtle smile form on your face as you noticed his surprise at your appearance.

Toge briskly walked up to you, careful not to bump into any passerby's. You rested your cheek against your knuckles as you titled your head towards the bicycle.

"What are you doing here?"

"Maki told me that you went out to buy some food for our hangout."

You pointed at your bicycle,

"Isn't this far from our place?"

Toge simply nodded his head, adjusting his black mask as you patted at the seat behind you. With a subtle grin plastered on your face, you softly said to him,

"Alright then, hop on."

You couldn't help but smile to yourself as you felt the slightly thud of the bicycle. Feeling the gentle caress of the breeze on your cheeks, you jokingly rang the small bell on the handle, a small packaged bag hanging right beside it,

"All aboard on the train! Next stop, Tokyo Jujutsu High."

Toge softly sighed as he grinned beneath his mask, slightly shaking his head while you both rode past the buildings. The setting sun that soared above the two of you was blazing, painting the crimson city a red hue. As always, the time you both spent didn't need words. The peaceful silence you both shared had always been enough.

While you turned a corner at the end of the road, Toge peeked from your shoulders with confused eyes,

"Are we going the right way?"

You shrugged his question off, lips curling into a smug smile as you assured him.

"Hold on for a while."

Before Toge could guess what was happening, you immediately stopped in front of a small building. A small bakery.

The both of you stood up from your bicycle, Toge following behind you as you set it against a pole. Walking up to the young lady at the counter, you softly told her,

"The cake for (Y/N), please."

Her dark raven hair fluttered in the autumn wind as she nodded, swiftly turning around to hand you what you had ordered. Quickly, she held out a slightly large white paper box, its cover closed tightly.

Toge's eyes widened as you took the box from her, your beaming smile radiant when you faced him. Opening the cover, you stifled a chuckle as surprise overwhelmed him. After all, you had bought a small vanilla cake specially for that special day; His birthday.

"Happy birthday," You grinned as you handed him the small plastic fork inside the box.

"You... remember?"

You simply nodded your head as he took the fork from you, the both of you walking somewhere more secluded. Bringing the bicycle with you, satisfaction brimmed inside you while you watched Toge delightfully enjoy his cake next to you.

"How is it?" You asked, tilting your head in amusement.

His mask hung from his left ear, messy platinum blonde hair ruffled from the gust of wind.

"It's really tasty. Do you want a taste?"

"Hold my bicycle then-"

Your eyes widened when you suddenly felt your heart stop, his eyelashes fluttering while his soft lips grazed against yours. You didn't know which flavor was sweet. The vanilla icing or his warmth.

Slowly pulling away from you, you immediately stumbled back, the pounding heartbeat of yours extremely loud. Surprised as you were, he had caught you off guard.

"You-"

"Tasty, isn't it?"

You gritted your teeth as you watched Toge innocently grin, pretending that he had not done anything extremely surprising. With a sigh, you cast a side-eyed glance at the road beside you.

"...Yeah."

As flustered as you were, he was too sly for you to stay mad at. Innocently sly. Those were the two words you would describe him with.

Subtly setting your index finger on your lips, you shook your head as Toge leaned in front of you with a grin.

"Want another taste?"