t e n

Rowan

"What are you doing here?" Olivia asks, stepping outside and letting the door shut behind her.

I could ask her the same thing. Who's place did she just come out of? Are those....booty shorts?

I shift my body, pointing two doors down, "I was dropping something off for someone in 304." I take a step towards her, my jaw working as I take in her appearance. "What about you?"

A sharp breath leaves her as she steps back at the same time I stepped forward, "I-I live here."

I still, "By yourself?" I knew she lived somewhere off campus but I didn't know where. This place doesn't look too big so I'm guessing she has a one bedroom.

She nods, looking down to the door I pointed at before. A flash of realization crosses her face and she looks up to me, "I came out because I thought I heard your voice. I didn't think it would actually be you."

I puff out my chest, "Well here I am." She smiles and my nerves fade away. For a second I thought this was Lucas' place. I've never been to where he lives, all I know is that it's an apartment. But if I think back evidence would lead me to believe they don't live together. I'm a fool. I was practically wearing my jealousy on my sleeve just now.

"I swear you're stalking me. There are too many coincidences for it to be natural," Olivia smirks, popping out a hip and placing her hand on it.

That makes me smile, "I told you. It's fate." I bend at the waist slightly to come eye to eye with her. Her smirk fades a fraction and I raise one eyebrow while I look into her eyes. "Be—st friends," I say in a singsong voice before standing straight again.

Her shock melts into a light laugh, "You're a weirdo."

I nod, still smiling. I back up and lean on the railing in front of her apartment door, "So. How's your night so far?"

A breeze brushes past, visible goosebumps raising her bare skin. She hugs herself, "I'm trying to relax. Tomorrow is making me anxious."

I clench my jaw trying to hold myself back from letting my eyes roam her body. The pajamas she's wearing are stirring new fantasies in that shamefully horny part of my brain. If she knew I was like this...

"What's happening tomorrow?" I ask, trying to clear the dirty thoughts from my mind.

She shakes her head, exhaustion making her slump against the door. "One of my classes is announcing the details for our final project and I'm not looking forward to it."

Same as me. And I know her department so I'm hoping I get paired with anyone but her. Don't get me wrong, hanging out with Olivia is my favorite way to spend my time. But being around her for that long would kill me.

"Good thing we're oh-so-close to graduating," I try to cheer her up. I notice her shiver again so I step forward and shrug my zip up off my shoulders.

I grip the top and swing the black cotton to drape over her. The breeze was annoying enough for me to put on the jacket I keep in Bronson's car. I usually keep it in my truck but....y'know. The guy I took it to get detailed with takes forever because of how many he takes on at once but at least it's cheap.