t h i r t y ~ s e v e n

!!WARNING!!
cute & fluffy
mini chapter ahead! ;)

Rowan

"Stop running, you'll slip!"

Olivia laughs harder, "No I won't! And if I do you'll catch me!"

I smile but don't bother to remind her that if she were to fall I'm too far behind to reach her in time.

The streetlights cast a golden glow on the snow covered path, the light only reaching so far through the semi-dense flakes falling from the sky.

My brain is fuzzy and my heart feels like it's resting on a pile of clouds as I watch Olivia twirl with her face leaning towards the night sky, fading in and out of the lights overhead.

She slows down and comes to a stop beneath a tree leaning over the park's pathway.

The big puffy coat she stole from me comes down over her butt, the arms reaching past her fingertips. The pompom on her hat bounces as she jumps to reach an icicle hanging from a low branch.

I lean down to wrap my arms around her thighs, lifting her up so she can reach without the danger of loosing her footing on the slick concrete.

She giggles and the melodic sound tickles my ears, a reminder that her laughs belong to me.

I hear a sharp snap and I place her back on the ground, standing to look down at the bright sparkle in her eyes. Her cheeks and nose are pink, the cold making her alabaster skin blush so beautifully it hurts my chest.

She lifts the icicle to her eye, looking at me through the smaller end like a telescope, "Woah! Your head is huge!"

I playfully glare and pull the icicle out of her hand and she turns to run through the grass field, her footprints tainting the fluffy untouched snow.

I run after her and when I reach her she spins around, grabbing the collar of my coat with both hands.

Before I have time to react Olivia spins, twisting me so I lose my footing and fall into the snow with a soft crunch, Ollie falling on top of me with a grunt and a laugh.

I hug her to me tightly, selfishly craving her warmth for my own. She nuzzles her face into my neck, placing a cold kiss to my jaw.

Looking up at the sky with the thick snowflakes falling around us is what I imagine flying through space to be like. Millions of stars passing around us as we slowly make our way deeper into the never ending nothingness.

It's strangely comforting.

I take a deep breath and roll to the side, Olivia slipping off me so we face each other. She moves her hood so her cheek isn't resting in the snow.

I reach out and brush the snowflakes off her eyelashes, the icy blue of her eyes looking deeper against the pure white around us.

"Hot Cocoa?" Ollie whispers.

She brings our intwined hands beneath her cheek and I smile, "Marshmallows?"

She looks offended, "Always."

Her eyes roam my face, the pink on her cheeks darkening. She reaches out, her fingers twirling a lock of my hair that fell in my eyes. Then she runs her fingers through it, pushing it away from my ear.