s e v e n t e e n

Olivia

        His large figure disappears into the crowd and I slump, slapping my hands over my face. I'm so fucking stupid. Why did I come? I overheard their conversation in the cafe and my nerves were popping in my skull like that one rock candy. I couldn't ignore it any longer. I couldn't stay away but I should have.

All I got out of it was raging lust and my stomach in my throat. Rowan's kisses are straight out of a porno. Not the cheesy pizza man kind but the ones directed by women. The ones filled with passion and a raw unattainable sexiness. Just like Rowan.

My overactive imagination sparked to life when Rowan turned, showing his lips molded to that barista's. His hand placement on her neck and the sliver of his tongue that I saw when they parted, it brought my suppressed lust to the very surface. It's been buried deep for so long I didn't think it would be so potent.

My tight jeans cupped me so perfectly that I could feel myself throb against them while Rowan watched...he says it was a momentary distraction, watching me but no. It was more. It had to have been. A dark and sinister need overtook his eyes the longer they strayed on me. He wasn't kissing me and yet, the way my nipples pebbled and my toes curled anyone around would know I was being throughly eye fucked. I probably would've combusted if only it lasted a couple seconds longer. I'm not a voyeur. I've always been disgusted with PDA. This though? It was different. I just don't understand why.

I pull myself together and smooth out my hair so that when I walk back into the bar I look more relaxed than I feel. The bubble in my throat starts to expand when I shuffle back out into the hot and humid crowd. For a Tuesday, it's really busy. I didn't think there was a game so I wonder why there's so many college students out tonight.

I'm fast walking back to my raised table and I try and steal a glance back at the booth Rowan and the barista were making out five minutes before. Only the booth is empty. My nausea grows when the knowledge of where they went dawns on me.

Before I get across the dance floor Maria steps in front of me and crushes me with a tight bear hug. She pulls away with a sparkling smile, "Let's sit at the bar!"

She yanks my wrist towards the high stools and picks seats next to a girl in a bright red dress that hugs her body like a second skin. "Olivia this is my cousin Talia, Talia this is my best friend Olivia. Now let's get drunk bitches!"

Maria scampers off to order us drinks from the bartender and I lean closer to Talia so she can hear me, "It's nice to meet you by the way. You in town to visit Maria?"

Talia's dark brown eyes regard me with interest, "Yeah I'm stayin with her. But not for a visit, I transferred to Canardi for the semester." Her makeup is near perfection, I almost ask if she's studying cosmetology.

"Really? That means we'll see each other often then, we'll get along if you're related to Maria. She's crazy but I love her," I say, excited at the possibility of a new friendship. Talia returns my smile with just as much enthusiasm and tosses her arms around my shoulders for a hug.

Over her shoulder I see a familiar head of strawberry blonde hair walking towards us. When Talia releases me I reach out and grab the girls arm before she passes us. "Hey, Kenna right?"

Her delicate heart shaped face turns to me and she looks like she was just touched by scum of the earth. Her features relax and she nods. I try to comfort her with a smile, "Where's Rowan? I saw you guys sucking face in the PDA booth." I had to force myself to say that casually.