t w e n t y ~ f i v e

Short Chapter
but it's okay because I got a lot planned so I'll make up for it *wink wink*

Olivia

       "How is that fair?" I complain, making Rowan laugh. He bats his eyelashes at me causing me to giggle through my jealousy.

"It's called genes, Ollie. I guess you're just not as gifted as me," he smirks, blowing his bangs out of his eyes.

I pull my arm out from under the blanket to run my fingers through it for him, pushing everything back so it doesn't fall again, "I guess not pretty boy. Long eyelashes are a gift and a curse. Bet you got guys hittin on you all the time huh?"

He pulls the blanket up to cover half his face, glaring at me playfully, "Maybe. You sayin I look gay because of my eyelashes. That's surprisingly stereotypical of you."

I roll my eyes, "No, that's not what I'm saying." I let my eyes roam over the parts of his face that I can see. His beautiful goddamn eyelashes, dangerous eyes that pull you in with dirty promises offset by the droopy puppy dog shape of them, and thick masculine eyebrows raising as his facial muscles relax. I mimic him, holding the blanket to my face, whispering, "You could be famous."

He narrows his eyes again, "Don't look at me like that."

My eyes squint with a smile, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

His large body wiggles beneath the sheets as he turns his back to me. I snicker, shimmying closer to him. I poke his t-shirt covered back, "Are you pouting?"

He grunts and I laugh harder. I sit up and lean over him to try and see his face. His hand palms my face, "Go to sleep."

I speak against his hand, "I complimented you and this is how you treat me?"

I kiss his palm, making him flinch it away. I giggle some more and throw my arm over his neck, cuddling into his back. "You're like a warm teddy bear."

"Are you big spooning me?" Rowan's body shakes with a laugh. He nips at my arm with his teeth and I yank it back to me with a fake yell of pain. He faces me again and wraps his thick arms around me, my face smushing into his chest. He sucks in a inhale, "That's better."

I smile against him and hug his waist tightly. I'm going to stop teasing him because I feel really content right now and if I tell him I think he's acting adorable I fear he'll pull away. His hands start to caress the expanse of my back and I break a little inside. I breathe him in, my body wash mixed with something entirely masculine. I haven't been to his place in way too long.

My fingers are cold so I slide them under his shirt, feeling the soft warmth of his skin. His back arches slightly to avoid my hand, his chest expanding to smother my laugh. "Why are you—no, you're stealing my warmth!" Rowan grunts but doesn't try to pull my hand away.

I sigh, my hand slowly warming. I pull my head back to mumble, "Thank you."

"For?"

"For...everything," I whisper. I have so much to be thankful for that I'm too much of a coward to say aloud. He showed me what kind of pleasure is possible through foreplay. His kisses? They're so sensual and thorough. But above all his kindness and presence, they make me feel normal. Worthy of the type of love a man like him can offer.