NEW STORY // For You, Eternally

THIS IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TO MY NEW BOOK!!

It's set in a small town in North Carolina, Stillcross.
A girl who brings death to those she cares for falls in love with a man who cannot die.
Read how they navigate their love and the troubles that follow them.

It's extremely new so I hope you'll be patient with the updates <3

Enjoy ;)

For You, Eternally — one

"Alright Miss James. That is everything. This property now belongs to you," the heavyset woman smiled politely at Gracie as she stood from the hideous floral print sofa.

"All this tedious paperwork on your first day in our lovely town. Such a bother. You really should enjoy yourself at Center Garden with the rest of us. The Summer Solstice festival is two days in and still thriving. Oh, I know you would just love it," the woman raved as Gracie steadily directed her towards the door like a border collie shepherding a lost sheep.

Gracie smiles at the woman, tight and straight, but it is the best she can manage.

"That is a very tempting offer but I really need to get back to tidying this house," Gracie declines the woman, closing the door before she has the chance to try and convince her.

Gracie can't stand being around people right now, especially not when everyone is smiling and enjoying themselves. If she sees one more welcoming smile, she swears she'll bludgeon their skulls in. She always knew if she were to ever kill someone, it would be blunt force trauma to the head. Any other way would be too planned out. If she had it in her, it would be a reckless and spontaneous burst of anger. Perhaps with a bat or a candlestick. Or a rock.

Gracie walks into the old house's parlor room, antiques littering every surface, dust built up from years of neglect. It's an...interesting design choice in this day and age.

Her birth parents have been dead for five years now. A hiking accident in Virginia she was told. Since then this house has been left to rot until she finally found out a year ago that her birth parents left her their every possession. Who does that? Gives their livelihood to some girl they've never met or cared about? Crazies, that's who.

She had no intention of accepting the inheritance of the people who abandoned her. That was until her boyfriend died five months ago.

Now here she is. In some small town in the middle of the wilderness, miles away from a mall or any of her friends. It's daunting. Being alone for the first time in years. Gracie signed the papers, transferred colleges, and uprooted her life to be here. There is no going back now. This is what she wanted.

Gracie stomps back to the foyer, lugging the grocery bags filled with cleaning supplies into the parlor to begin her first day of deep cleaning. The first step, setting up her bluetooth speaker to blast music. There is no one around for miles, the biggest upside of being twenty minutes from town and ten minutes from any neighbor.

It's so therapeutic. Dancing to shitty pop songs and deep scrubbing the hardwood floors. For the first time since Hayden died, she's able to empty her mind and get lost in the lemon scented wood polish and chemicals in the air.

Gracie loses track of time, getting a workout in as she goes room to room and cleaning every speck of grime she can find. The sun is starting to fall from it's peak when a old-timey doorbell chimes throughout the house.

Gracie groans and collapses to her elbows from her spot on the floor, her knees aching from being pressed to the hardwood. She was about to finish wiping the floor to ceiling windows in the dining room and now this unwanted guest fucked with her flow.