An Angry Teenage Boy

After Alyssa left, I stayed sitting in the water for about ten more minutes before standing up and heading off to find Adam and Dex. As I walked around, I noticed that the area around the pool was becoming more and more crowded. It makes me wonder just how many people Adam invited here.

Right when I was about to move down the pool walkway and into the house, I heard someone yell behind me.

"Hey!"

I turned around to see what the commotion was about, but I wasn't expecting to be in the middle of it. A tall blonde headed boy was making a beeline towards me, and it was clear that he was not happy. I stopped moving completely and just stared at him, trying to figure out what I did to make someone, who I don't know, angry.

He finally made it to me and got in my face, menacingly. "You were the one talking to Alyssa, right?"

I looked his face up and down and then noticed that two other boys were walking up behind him, most likely his friends.

I finally returned eye contact with him and said, "Yeah, what about it?"

I guess I somehow sounded more threatening than I was supposed to because he got closer to me and sharply said, "She's mine and if I see you talking to her again I'll make sure that pretty little face of yours gets pounded to a pulp."

Is this guy for real? All just because I talked to her? She didn't mention having a boyfriend, so how was I supposed to know?

I'm not sure why, but the thought of Alyssa having a boyfriend kinda bothered me. I know that I've only known her for, like, fifteen minutes, but the thought still irks me. Though, I really can't understand why she would date someone like him, considering how sweet she is and how hot-headed he seems. I can't judge though, you love who you love. I just hope that maybe, if they're together, he's different with her.

"You do know that she can talk to whoever she wants, right? She's her own person."

He didn't like that one. He grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me closer than before, "She doesn't need to be talking to a pretty boy player like you."

Hold up, pretty boy player? I'm not a player. Where'd he get that idea?

Almost as if he could read my thoughts, he said, "People like you try and steal other guys' girls and use them for your gain. I'm not just gonna sit by and watch you do that to my Alyssa."

At this point, a whole crowd was gathered around us watching everything do down. Luckily out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Adam and Dex pushing their way through the sea of people and to my side. Adam immediately pried the guy's hands off of me and moved in between us.

"How many times have I told you, man? You and my sister aren't dating!"

The boy growled at Adam trying to make him back off, but he held his ground.

"You know that you aren't supposed to be coming around here anymore, so get out before I call security," he said, staring at the guy dead in the face, "And take your friends with you."

The boy hesitated and glared daggers at both me and Adam. "Fine," he mumbled out, "But you better count your days, pop star."

After that last threat, he gathered his friends and scurried off while Adam began to disperse the large group of onlookers.

When Adam finally turned back to Dex and me, he said, "I'm sorry about that, Oliver. I don't know how they got in here." I nodded and Dex asked, "You alright, O?"

"Yeah, I'm good, but who was that guy, Adam?"

He sighed and shook his head, "That was Connor Hattersfield. He goes to school with me and, somehow or another, has become obsessed with my sister, Alyssa."

Dex quickly chimed in, asking with surprise, "You have a sister?!"

Adam nodded and noticed how I wasn't as shocked as Dex, "I'm guessing by the lack of surprise that you knew?"

"Yeah, I met her earlier and was talking to her. That's how all of this started."

"Ah. That makes a lot more sense. I swear I didn't know that they would be here. I never told him or his friends about the party. I guess they just found out on their own and he figured Alyssa would be here."

As Adam talked, I saw Alyssa standing at the edge of whatever was left of the crowd. She looked so embarrassed at the whole ordeal. She caught me staring and her eyes widened slightly. Her gaze swiftly turned sad and she mouthed an apology in my direction.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's okay," I mouthed back.

She still looked upset but nodded while twiddling her fingers in front of her. I felt bad that she had to witness that whole thing, but there was nothing I could do now.

Or... could I?