We Meet Again

After that...embarrassing night, it was back to work. The day went on like normal with the same old business routine. Dex, Aly, and Adam visited like usual but left early to go and get some work done at Adam's place. I was walking down one of the backstage corridors when I, shockingly, ran into my mother and father. They both quickly stopped me and said that they had a job for me to do. They seemed...frazzled. My mom told me they had fired their assistants for some dumb reason, and now they have no one to deliver some important paperwork to my record label. Putting on pleading faces, they began to beg me to take the papers and drop them off. I'll admit I was pretty confused as to why they would ask me since it would take me away from here, but I guess their frenzied state got the best of them. So here I am, walking into one of my record labels' southern branches, ready to hand in the documents.

"Hey, Oliver!"

My head turned towards the voice, and a smile covered my face. Standing behind me was Holt Collins, the son of the owner of my record label and one of the receptionists. He began walking towards me, carrying a thick stack of documents.

"Hey, Holt. What are you doing here? Usually, you're working at the L.A. office."

"My dad's here on business; he asked me to join him."

"Ah, gotcha."

"Yeah, anyways, you dropping those papers off?" He nodded towards my papers.

"Yeah, my parents asked me to drop them off. It's a long story."

Holt nodded in understanding. He was another one who knows how my parents are, considering his dad's just like them, only milder.

"Well, instead of you dropping them off, would you like me to?" He stretched a handout, waiting to see if I would fork over my items.

"That would be great! They're for your dad. Can you make sure he gets them?"

"Yeah, no problem! I'm heading up there now, so I'll give them to him."

"Thanks, H. I appreciate it. I've got to get back to the arena to finish rehearsals, but we'll talk again later, right?"

"Yep! I'll talk to you then!" He turned on his heel and began heading for the elevators. Once the doors opened, he stepped inside and pressed the button for whatever floor he was going to. When the doors started to shut, he threw me a small wave, which I returned before the doors closed completely.

After my interaction with Holt, I headed to the building's revolving front doors and stepped out into the Orlando sunshine. Dex left his car at the stadium, so when I found out I had to leave, I shot him a text asking him if I could borrow it. He agreed as long as I returned it without a scratch. I swear I don't know what that boy loves more, girls or his black 2016 Lykan Hypersport.

As I walked the street, I kept my head as low as possible. I normally don't mind interacting with fans. I love it, but since I don't have Matt with me at the moment, I think it would be best not to draw attention, just in case.

I finally make it to the end of the street and turn the corner to where I parked the car, but before I can pull out the keys and unlock the vehicle; I bump into someone. My eyes dart upward; my mouth opens as I try and apologize, but I freeze. Staring slightly down at me was Connor Hattersfield, the boy from Adam's party who tried to get me to fight him.

The second his eyes lock with mine, they turn a darker shade of blue. It's obvious he recognizes me, and it's not because he knows who I am.

"Well, well, never thought I'd see a celebrity walking around in broad daylight, unguarded." He emphasizes the unguarded part.

I stare back up at him and feel myself gulp. I'll admit he's pretty intimidating, especially his height. Seriously, what does this guy eat?! The mushrooms from Mario?! I didn't focus on it too much while we were at the party, considering there was an insane amount people that surrendered us, thinking that we were gonna fight. I was also concerned with the fact that he was about to pummel my face in, so his height was the last thing on my mind at that moment.

Pushing back my fear; and slight amazement, I croaked out a response, "Hello to you too, Connor."

He looked down at me with a smirk and chuckled, giving me the gut-wrenching feeling that he could smell my fear. And his answer confirms that suspicion, "You scared?" My silence gives him all the confirmation he needed.

He laughed darkly again, "Ah, don't worry. I won't hurt you. So long as you listen."

Well, someone's full of himself. Though, I guess that when you have the strength and height of a gorilla, it can give you an ego boost.

"That being said," he continued, "Stay away from Alyssa. I know you're still hanging around her, and I want you gone."

I took a deep, annoyed breath, "I've told you, man. You can't control who Alyssa talks to or hangs out with. And, as Adam said, you two aren't even dating. Alyssa doesn't like you; you stalking her and creeping her out won't make it better, so back off."

I moved around him so I could start walking again, but before I could get far, Connor whipped around and grabbed my shirt collar, pinning me against the wall. He brought his face closer to mine, eyes blazing and nostrils flared.

"You don't know anything about our relationship. You definitely can't control what I do or say around anyone," he sneered, gritting his teeth.

He's over here telling me I can't control what he does or says, yet he's doing the same thing to me? Talk about ironic.

"So I'll say it again, and you better listen up. Stay. Away. From her. If I ever see you near her again, you'll be sorry."

He lets go and drops me to my feet before backing away. He spits on the ground and begins walking off, calling back to me as he turns the corner, "I better not see you again, Popstar."

His back finally disappeared around the building, and I let out a breath. That guy is insane; no wonder Aly does her best to avoid him whenever he comes hunting for her. At this point, I honestly don't know who's safety I'm more worried about, mine or hers.

Doing my best to steady myself, I push off the wall and fumbled to try and pull the car keys out of my pocket. Once I finally took them out and climbed into the vehicle, I relaxed against the seat and shakily turned the keys into the ignition. I sat there for a second before carefully pulling off, allowing myself to wonder how the others were going to react to Connor's words.