Chapter 24

We are currently at a restaurant as a celebration for our victory.

"Ang sarap ng food!" Leine exclaimed.

"Shhh...love ang lakas ng boses mo. Parang kang bata."

"And you're my daddy." She winked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Hoy! Respect us. Andito pa kami."

"Hmph." Leine pouted and Ryan gave her a smack.

"You'll find the one Rose, don't worry." Ryan said.

"I'm going home now. Baka hanapin pa ako. Masesermonan nanaman ako. Bye everyone."

"Ingat Rose."

As I was heading home, mom called me.

"Hello mom."

"We need you here Eveary. May mga nanghohostage sa amin dito. We don't even know these people. Papatayin nila ang kapatid mo. She's very important to us."

"I'm on my way now, mom."

"Please hurry up. Hindi namin kaya kapag nawala si Rowe sa amin." She ended the call.

Hindi talaga ako importante sa kanila kahit na mamatay ako. Favouritism can really affect a child's mind and heart. It'll change their personality. Hindi lang favouritism sa akin but they also hate me to the bones. Kahit na wala naman akong ginagawang mali sa kanila.

All I did for so many years was to please them and love them. Baka sakaling mamahalin din nila ako.

They never did listened to my explanations instead they just tell me that I am bastos at walang respeto.

This is our society right now. Of you're just trying to explain yourself sasabihin ng matatanda sa iyo na bastos ka at sumasagot ka na which shows you have no respect kahit hindi naman. Even if you talk to them in a nice way.

You're just explaining for them to know your side. But they always refused a kid or a younger one.

I sighed.

How pathetic I am.

What's happening to world right now?

I park my car and was about to open the door but I was too late. There's a bomb.

"Mom! Dad! Rowe!" I searched for them inside the house and use the hose to stop the fire.

Sugatan na din ako.

"E-eveary..."

"Rowe? Where are you?"

I saw her hands trying to get my attention.

"Kinuha nila si Mom at Dad. We need to save them." She collapsed.

"Can you describe them?" She didn't answer.

"I'll take you to the hospital." Bubuhatin ko sana siya pero natumba ako.

"Shit! What happened?" Someone shouted.

Until I felt someone's arms carrying me. My eyes are uneven but I can recognize him.

"J-Josiah?"

"It's me Rose. Dadalhin ko kayo sa hospital. I've got company."

I was a little shocked when I saw Ryan and Leine with him.