𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 - 𝑇𝑦𝑙𝑒𝑟

7 years ago

7 years ago...

Its only 2 weeks into the summer and I can't wait for school to start.

I know for a 10 year old I sound crazy, but staying at home with my sister and dad isn't always fun.

My sister is annoying and my dad is always shouting, he's been like this since mom died 3 years ago. I miss mom, she was amazi-

"Tyler!"

"What is it Kacy," I replied my irritation evident in my tone. What's the bet its nothing, she always calls me for things that don't even matter.

"Come down here, you need to see this," I'm almost certain I do not need to, but to avoid annoying my dad, I shut my notebook and make my way downstairs. I always get interrupted writing. I've used it as a way to talk about how I was feeling a few years after mom died, since I was never close enough to my friends to talk to them about things.

"I'm here Kacy, what do you need?" she grabs my hand when she reaches me at the bottom of the stairs and pulls me out the front door, where I can hear something beeping, almost like a van reversing. "Just look, Ty."

"We got new neighbors!"

"Kacy, I don't care can I go inside," I reply having had enough of her antics for the day.

"But Tyler, there's a girl my age and I want to meet her. You have to take me," she begs.

Before I can think up an idea, I'm being dragged over to where an older woman and a young girl my age stand. The girl is staring at my favorite pond you can see through the hedges across the street from our houses, so I can't see her face. Someone speaks taking my eyes from the girl.

"I'm Samantha, you can call me Sam," the older woman, who I assume is her mother, introduces. "This is my daughter Olivia, she's 9, but can be quite shy" "say hi, sweetie"

Olivia turns around to face me and Kacy, and I think I stop breathing.

She looks like an angel. She really is breathtaking

Her hair is so blonde its almost white, and she wears a white summer dress that falls just below her knees. She smiles sweetly, that kind of smile that makes your heart beat faster. She is so beautiful it's unbelievable.

"Hi, I'm Olivia, nice to meet you."

I try to respond but I can't stop looking at her, her eyes are a icy blue that I could get lost in. The way her hair falls around her in loose ringlets make her look like a doll its so perfectly done. Everything about her is perfect

"Tyler stop staring at her," my sister whispers to me and nudges me in the arm.

I shake my head and hold out my hand for her to take, "and I'm Tyler, it's lovely to see you."