𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏 - 𝑂𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑎

What the hell just happened?

I can hear muffled sounds of people shouting, but my brain can't seem to make out what's being said. I'm lying on the floor, I have no idea where, because my eyes won't open yet.

It all comes back in pieces.

Ashley. Walking to homeroom. My hand. The scar.

Certain I was just imagining it, I convince my eyes to open and glance down at my right palm.

It's there. It's real.

The dream was real.

I had spent so long convincing myself it wasn't real, yet I never thought to check my palm for a scar that would match what happened.

It's such a big scar I don't know how I never noticed it before.

I must have seen it before, and then I remember. I was around 10 and I had asked my mom what happened. She had said I had cut it on a rock when I fell over. Maybe that's what really happened.

I'm broken from my internal argument about what happened by Tyler's worried voice, "Olivia? Are you awake?"

I try to sit up, but instantly feel like I might pass out again. "Yeah I'm okay Ty, what's going to happen? I don't think I can stomach this all." His eyebrows draw together as he studies intently, looking me up and down. It looks like he's checking if I've hurt myself, but I'm not too sure about anything right now.

"Does your head hurt? I thought I stopped it from hitting the ground when you fell, but now I'm not too sure," I shake my head slightly in response, I feel too sick to talk. "Alright then, Angel. I just took you to the library to get you out of the way of everyone. Mrs. James called the nurse and she checked you out, and decided to call your mom to come and pick you up so it doesn't happen again," I thank Ty for clearing everything up for me, since my brain is still a bit foggy it's hard to work everything out myself.

After about 10 minutes the librarian, Mrs. James, lets us know my mom is here to pick me up. Tyler helps me get up, and walks me to the front desk where my mom is waiting. I say my thanks to Tyler, who reassures me it's going to be okay and he'll text me at lunch.

My mom hurries me back home and tells me to stay in bed, so I decide to watch a film to pass the time.

I hear a knock on my door after about 5 minutes, so I can only assume it's mom, "Come in!"

She peeks her head around the door with a sympathetic smile. She walks over and sits on the edge of the bed with two cups in her hand. She passes me the first one, "It's just water. Drink it to rehydrate you, and you'll feel better right away," I gulp down the water, suddenly really thirsty. Then she gives me another glass that looks like juice, "Orange juice, to help your sugar levels." I drink the orange juice, hoping it will help me feel less sick and dizzy.