𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒 - 𝑂𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑎

Things have changed a lot this past week

Things have changed a lot this past week. Not much in particular, just certain dynamics, some for the better, but some for the worse. Things between me and Tyler have been awkward as hell, and I'm mad at him, mad at him for getting so angry when I did nothing wrong at all. He can't blame me for studying with Logan, when he went into that cupboard with Ashley and did god knows what, which makes me feel sick just thinking about it. Chances are he's just mad I'm with his friend and didn't ask permissionto dress up. He can be a real bitch sometimes, thinking he owns me and all that.I'm sure he just does it to spite me, recently he seems to be doing things justto annoy me.

He showed me a side of him that day that scared me. For a second I even thought he might hit me out of anger, although looking back on it, I know he wouldn't. He was just so mad, and I didn't know what to do. So I ran. Hid down an alley and called Kacy. I was panicking and struggling to breathe, but Kacy managed to calm me down over the phone. I wasn't sure what it was that happened, but it's becoming more frequent with all that's happening with Tyler. I'm done with it all, it's too much drama. I'm not going to shut anyone else out over what's happening, just Tyler. I'll do my best to pretend he doesn't exist, which shouldn't be so hard since he's starting high school after the summer.

After my phone call with Kacy, Logan came out to take me home, to which I of course accepted. It was getting darker and I didn't want to walk alone. I like him, but that day showed me it will never be in the way I wish it was. It would be easier to like a guy like Logan, someone who wasn't so complicated, but the world doesn't work like that. I like Tyler, but I've got to tamp down my emotions because I don't think I would survive. After he showed me that side of him in the diner, it's clear a relationship the way my heart wants with him, would always end badly.

The whole walk home I was lost in my thoughts. When we reached my door, he said his goodbyes and waited at the end of my front lawn to make sure I got in alright. He's a sweet guy, and the girl he dates will be one lucky lady.

When the front door opens, I'm greeted by an out of breath James. I'm frozen in shock for a second trying to figure out why Tyler dad is out of breath and answering my door, that I barely notice a little scruffy door licking my shoes. Why the hell is there a dog in the house?

He's a cute little thing, white and almost caramel fur with a cute button nose. I make a note to talk to my mom, and ask if I can call him caramel. I know it's cliché and all, but I like it. I have no idea the breed, but it's clear from his matted fur to his smell, that he doesn't have an owner. "James, why the hell is a dog licking me?"

Still panting, from I assume chasing this nutcase dog around the house, he answers me, "Well me and your mom took a walk around the park at the end of the road, and saw this little guy shivering in a corner. Your mom insisted I take him back to your place, and who am I to deny your mom. If I'm completely honest, she kind of scares me," he chuckles with that last sentence and chases the dog to where it's running back over to our rug. He shouts at my mom to run a bath to clean him and she runs up the stairs laughing to sort out a bath for him.

That night was a hectic one, full of a barking dog, giggling mum, and chucking James. It was one of the happiest times I've ever seen my mom, and as the weeks passed, she only got more happy. James showed up more at our house, checking on how the dog was settling in, taking him to the vets for any shots he needed, and just helping out with things for mom. It's all very strange, and a large adjustment I have to make to deal with it all.

I've spent the last week at school with my head down, just trying to get through it all, but I know I'm ignoring Kacy, and tonight it's bothering me more than anything. I text her asking her to come over and since we don't have school tomorrow, she can stay the night.

She knocks on the door and I tell her to come in, and she rounds the door with a smile on her face. I open my arms for her and she shuts the door and comes running over giggling the whole way. "Fuck, I've missed you babe," still giggling she squeezes me tight, as I manage to choke out a struggles, "me too Kace."

When she finally lets me go, she shuffles to sit opposite me, and hold my upper arms. She looks me dead in the eye as she speaks, "What the fuck is up with you, if it was my dickhead brother I swear to god I will rip his balls off and make him eat them." Kacy's always been one aggressive motherfucker, but I love her for it. She also swears too damn much, but I can't blame her for picking it up. I've been told all about how her brother and his friends play video games and shout the most obscene things.

Kacy's one of the people I trust most so I tell her everything. "How dare he? That mother fucker. Do I have your permission to murder him." Chuckling, I tell her it's alright, but I know she can tell it's not. Opting to change the subject because I don't want to dwell on it any longer, I ask her about a certain someone I've seen her with.

"Soo Kacy, how's Miles?" She starts blushing but answers anyway. "Perfect, got lips that taste like candy." She starts giggling as she clearly relives the moment, but I break her out of it when I scream like a little girl, "Oh my god Kacy, you did not!" She gives a wide grin as she speaks, "Oh but I did. Let's not forget he's a year older, and captain of the basketball team. Oh, and so clearly whipped for me." As she speaks her last sentence, she flips her hair behind her shoulder, making both of us start laughing. That kind of laughter between a best friend that doesn't end, and when it finally dies down, you have no idea why it even started.

Kacy spends the whole night distracting me from thoughts of Tyler, as she tells me about her kisses with Miles, and his abs, and his shoulder, and his hands. God she's obsessed with this boy. All I can think is, poor Miles. She's a complete nutter, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

 She's a complete nutter, but I wouldn't change it for the world