𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 - 𝑇𝑦𝑙𝑒𝑟

1 year later

1 year later

We were inseparable, that was the problem.

She will always be my angel no matter what happens to us, and I hope I will always be hers.

But things needed to change. Since my mom passed away I never let anyone get too close for fear of losing them. I made it a rule to never open up to others, so it wouldn't hurt if they left or I needed to leave.

When I met my Angel all my rules disappeared, I didn't care that she had the power to completely break my heart because it felt too good to be near her.

With Olivia we were complete when we were together, with each other was when we were both happiest, but then I remembered how much it hurt to lose someone you love and I couldn't let it happen again.

Maybe when she comes to middle school with me next weekend we can rekindle that bond that will always be present no matter how hard either of us ignore it. We were always meant to be together.

Some might we're soulmates, some might even say twin flames, because we seemed to be like the same person in a different body. I would say she was the light to my darkness, the thing I relied on to see clearly, which was why I loved her nickname. My Angel would always be there, she shone so bright she was the only person I saw in a room.

Many people were confused when I began lying and pushing her out of my life, hell I was even confused myself. It was when I noticed how important her presence was that I realized I couldn't stand leaving her at the end of the school year. My minds automated response was to push her out so it wouldn't hurt.

But it still did.

It tore my heart in half.

I closed my notebook and hid it at the bottom of my wardrobe.

No one could ever read it, or they would know everything. I didn't let anyone see how much it hurt to lie to her face and break her apart with my words and actions, and I didn't let anyone see how much it hurt to walk around my new school without her there. Everything felt so different knowing she wasn't around, even if she hated me in elementary school I knew she was still aware of my presence, same as I was with hers.

I act indifferent around her or when people talk about her. Since Kacy and Liv are still best friends I've often bumped into her around the house. It seems she's getting more beautiful by the day. Every time I see her she still manages to take my breath away, although I do a good job to hide the way she makes me feel. She thinks I hate her, but she couldn't be anymore wrong.

I haven't admitted it to myself the whole first year of middle school I spent without her, but I missed her.

I missed how her smile lit up any room, her contagious laughter that made you feel better no matter how down you were.