Unprecedented Circumstances

A/N: The beautiful cover of this book is a gift from my beautiful and sweet friend, Seven_Stars_123
Thank you so much my dear!!!

--------------

"Welcome Aboard The Majestic, Mr. Roy Chaudhary. I am Gilbert Anderson, the operations manager. The receptionist Andrew told me that you wished to see me." With a courteous smile plastered carefully on his face, the tall, blond, English man tipped his official hat a bit and asked politely,

"How may I help you, Mr. Roy Chaudhary?"

Heaving a sigh, he straightened himself up, and casting a cautious glance at the girl he had brought with himself and who was standing a little behind him, gaping at the exuberance and ambiance of the reception area, he said,

"Hello, Mr. Gilbert. Actually, I had earlier made a reservation for a small stateroom in the 2nd class. But now I want to change and request an upgrade. I asked the receptionist, and he told me that no Indian citizen can get such an upgrade unless, of course, you allow it." With mildly pointed sarcasm, he continued, "Or unless, of course, a rich Indian landlord offers to pay a hefty upfront amount."

With that, he added sardonically, " So, can you please help me with it?"

The courteous smile on Gilbert's face turned into a fake bright one as he said,

"Why, my dear Sir, of course. That's right. We do not offer 1st class suites to non-Britishers, but how can I say no to someone with the prestigious surname Roy Chaudhary!"

And then, with the annoying smile never leaving his face, he added,

"You must have made the 2nd Class reservation for yourself only, but now that you have a companion, of course, you would require a more personal space." The meaningful emphasis on the word "companion" was not missed by Aniruddh, much to his dismay.

Before he could reply, Gilbert turned to his assistant and said,

"Andrew, upgrade Mr." he paused and then peeking behind him at the girl clad in a traditional bridal avatar, added, "and Mrs. Aniruddh Roy Chaudhary to one of our best of the best 1st Class cabins. And please make sure that this young couple does not have any problem on their honeymoon voyage!"

The words Mr. and Mrs. and honeymoon pierced his heart and his automatic response was the urge to leap to correct them, but his mind dictated him otherwise.

There is no need to do any such thing and provide more fodder for gossip. Just take the damn upgrade and let Bondita away from all the danger of people with a unidirectional and small mentality.

Sighing resignedly, he just nodded in response to Gilbert's vastly annoying expectant face, and shifted his attention from the pressing gloomy thoughts to the paperwork and the payments to be made.

Once everything was done, a steward came forward to carry his luggage and to guide them to their cabin on the A Deck of the grand passenger ship.

Turning around, he expected to see Bondita happily looking around her at the grandeur of the main deck area of the ship they had just embarked. But instead, he found her sitting on a bench with the expression of pain very visible on her beautiful face.

Suddenly forgetting everything that had been bothering him a while ago, he rushed towards her.

"Bondita, kia hua, tum theek tou ho?"

Shaking her head in negative, a tear rolled down her cheek as she mumbled,

"Nahi Sakha babu... taang mien buht dard horha hai. Calcutta station per itna bhaagna pada na... abh mujhse khada bhi nahi hua ja raha."

A sudden gush of fury boiled his blood. He had "abducted" Bondita from her marriage mandap because her Thaku maa was getting her married without her consent. When they had reached the Deenpur railway station to catch the train to Calcutta, they found out to their horror that some goons, undoubtedly sent by Thaku maa, had started chasing them on their jeeps too.

The 3-hour non-stop train ride was a nightmare as Aniruddh hid Bondita in his embrace while keeping his own head low for the entire journey, earning censorious glares from the fellow passengers too as they disapproved of the apparent "public display of affection!"

Of course, they had an advantage as the train was faster and they reached the Calcutta railway station before the goons, but he knew they would soon be there anyway.

They didn't have any time to spare to get clothes and basic toiletries for Bondita, but thanks to Kaka and his resources, the doctor who had treated Bondita's leg in Krishna Nagar along with Thaku maa's ayurvedic medicines, managed to send some allopathic drugs for Bondita through his fellow doctor colleague in Calcutta.

Quickly collecting the medicines and paying the amount for the urgent services to the man at the station, Aniruddh just held Bondita's hand and ran for their lives and had only taken a breath of relief once they reached the wharf where The Majestic was docked.

Hurriedly following the embarkation process, they finally boarded the grand ship that was ready to sail them off to London Thamesport.