Is this heaven?

"I am so sorry Bondita... Tumko itna bhagaaya miene..."

And then, cupping her face, he told her gently,

"Fiker na kero Bondita. Abhi hum room mien jayeinge tou mien tumhare zakham per dawai laga dun ga. Aur yahan ship per doctors bhi hote hain. Tou ager koi problem hua tou we can consult them too."

When she nodded in approval, he gently bent down and tucking one arm under her knees, he lifted her in his arms.

The steward's eyes popped out at this vague display of affection. Some other passengers who were strolling on the deck or were going towards the main entrance also turned around and acknowledging Bondita's bridal attire, passed meaningful glances and smiles.

Aniruddh was aware of everything. He knew what they all were thinking, and in normal circumstances, he would have felt annoyed. But his gaze was fixed on Bondita's rapturous expressions and her eyes widening in wonderment over the splendor of the interior of the ship.

She had forgotten her pains and fears the minute she came in his arms, and now the grandeur of the ship had made her gasp and suddenly super excited for their trip.

"Sakha Babu...yeh kia jagha hai?? Kahin hum swarg mien tou nahi aagaye hain?" She asked incredulously, and her wonder turned infectious for Aniruddh. A weight leaving his chest, he suddenly felt immensely pleased and excited for their journey too, as he looked around and said,

"Haan Bondita... swarg hi hai. Humara apna swarg." and then passing a playful smile as he looked into her eyes, he added,

"Welcome aboard The Majestic Ma'am! This is one of the most amazing passenger ships that I have been on. Iski sundarta ke charchay thay London mien jab yeh construct horhy thy. But this is beyond splendid. It's brilliant!"

The steward who was a few steps ahead of them and was opening the entrance doors for them to enter heard their remarks, and bowing a little, he said,

"Sir, Ma'am, if you allow me, I can give you a little tour if you wish on our way up to the A Deck where your cabin is."

Aniruddh and Bondita both smiled at him and unanimously agreed.

He gestured with his hand and signaled them to enter through the doors, and the minute Aniruddh, carrying Bondita in his arms, set his feet inside the main entrance hall, his breath caught in his chest and a gasp escaped Bondita's mouth at the sight they beheld.

Covered in plush beige-colored printed carpet, the main hall was immaculately decorated with potted palms on both sides of the passageway. The walls were enamel-coated and had gleaming polished English Oak panels. Each panel had intricate designs carved, and the lights were bright because of overhead crystal chandeliers suspended at equal distances.

On the left and right was a sitting area with rounded wooden tables and oak chairs that were upholstered in red and gold. They looked extremely comfortable and had a few people sitting on them, while some of them were buying refreshments from the side cafe. The steward told them that they were the passengers who were either waiting for something or someone and in the meanwhile, they were passing their time sitting by the ship's small cafe lounge.

As they moved straight ahead, suddenly Aniruddh stopped in his tracks. Their eyes landed on a giant staircase in front of them at the same instant.

It was magnificent!

The steward also stopped and noticing the fascination on both their faces, he mustered all the enthusiasm of a professional guide and said animatedly,