One conundrum after another!

After an hour's nap, when she woke up, the first thing she noticed was that the room appeared darker than before.

As her gaze shifted to the window right next to her bed, she realized that the sunset was near and the purplish, pinkish sky with the inky sea presented an extremely serene view that made her want to just keep looking out and forget about everything else in the world.

However, there were some pressing "needs" that had to be addressed, with nature's call making the top of the list followed by the need to have some food as indicated by her rumbling belly.

Wriggling her leg a bit, she realized that it felt better than before when her Sakha babu had to carry her throughout the ship in his arms.

A slow heat crept up her face as she recalled how safe and cherished she had felt when he had scooped her up and tended to her so gently...

So lovingly.

The thoughts then shifted towards how he had removed all her jewelry and her cheeks felt like burning on remembering how he had kissed her hands, her forehead, her cheek...and how the brush of his fingers felt against her skin!

She remembered the look in his eyes... and the memories quickened her heartbeats.

But all her pleasurable thoughts suddenly came to a halt as she realized that Aniruddh was missing.

A feeling of panic started settling in her chest as she called out to him,

"Sakha babu...sakha babu...kahan ho aap?"

Thankfully, her call was instantly answered as he called from the outer verandah,

"I am here, Bondita. Aa raha hun, wait."

Feeling relieved, she quickly called back again,

"Nahi nahi, it's okay. Mien freshen up hone ja rhy hun."

Having said that, she got out of the bed, mindful of not putting a lot of pressure on her leg, and moved towards the restroom.

Aniruddh had come back inside the room to see if she was okay and if she needed some help, and that was when he heard some faint sounds from the walk-in wardrobe. Realizing that Bondita must be skimming through the variety of clothes, he sat back on the comfortable sofa waiting for her.

The sounds had stopped, but Bondita had not come out.

Feeling apprehensive, he called out,

"Bondita... is everything okay? Do you need any help?"

"No!" came her quick reply... but Aniruddh sensed some dread in her voice.

Feeling worried, he asked again,

"Bondita...koi problem hai kia?"

"Nahi Sakha babu...sab..." she paused, and then mumbled, "theek hai."

Unconvinced by her tone and answer, he got up from the sofa and reaching the ajar door of the walk-in wardrobe, he said,

"Mien ander aarha hun Bondita..."

A shriek escaped her mouth as she opened her mouth for a frantic no, but Aniruddh had already entered.

What he saw stopped him dead.

She was standing there, clutching her undone sari to her chest as she tried to cover her body.

"Sakha babu!!!" she wailed.

It brought him out of his trance as he smacked himself mentally for behaving like a school boy, and reminding himself to keep his emotions and actions in complete check around her, he walked towards her with a determination to find out what was wrong.