~I'll Look After Her~

Penelope wraps her hand around the handle of the mug brining it up to her mouth taking a small sip, setting it back down onto the coffee table, Alexander sits with his hands in his lap, "do you feel better?" Alexander asks leaning forward slightly, Penelope turns her head to look at him, she gently nods her head giving him a ghost of a smile. "Thank you" Penelope whispers, Alexander smiles back Penelope goes back to grabbing her mug "is Loki friendly?" Alexander asks reaching out to Loki again who glared at him.

"Loki isn't the fondest with men" Penelope replies the back of her fingers running over the top of Loki's head the cat leaning into her hand purring, "so your cat is a feminist?" Alexander asks looking at the cat who holds a smile on their face, Penelope gives an airy laugh looking down at her cat "I would say so" Penelope says her nail gently scratching between his eyes, "if they were human, they would make a great activist" Alexander says imaging the cat in the middle of a protest. Penelope gasps slightly "actually there was a time I took him to a protest with me" Penelope says getting up with her new found energy, her cat being held to her hip, she goes up to her fire place grabbing a photo frame. She sits back down handing over the photo frame.

Inside the frame was a clipping from a news paper article, the picture was of Penelope clearly shouting with a 4 year old Loki on her shoulder, with lots of other women surrounding her holding up women's rights signs, the one in Penelope's hands was a pink board with 'pussy power, the slut nation is here & we are pissed off! Run & hide you misogynistic crusty fuck heads!' across the board. Alexander looks up at Penelope then looks at Loki "we should go to protests together, I haven't been able to go since I joined the Cullen's" Alexander says setting the photo frame down. Penelope fully turns to Alexander trying not to spill her tea.

"How long have you known them?" Penelope asks sipping on the tea, Loki lying on her legs, his bum against her stomach, his head in her knees, facing Alexander. Alexander runs a hand over his facial hair in thought with a hum "I've known Carlisle for over 300 years, but I stayed with Carlisle till we left the volturi, I went on my own for a bit but found my way back to them" Alexander says his mood dipping thinking about his time at the Volturi, Penelope nods "I also was in the Volturi for a while, just under 100 years" Penelope says understanding what happens in the Volturi and how it changes you. Alexander let's his eyes roam around the room as Penelope finished her tea, "what do you do outside of teaching?" Penelope asks, breathing in the smell of lingering mint, Penelope pulls her head back looking up at the ceiling, Hades stands behind Penelope, his hair neatly tucked behind his ears, he looks down at Penelope the corners of his lips twitching up "I'm interested in his story" Hades says Penelope nods her head lightly before sitting up properly.

"Is one of your deities there?" Alexander asks looking at the blank space behind Penelope, Penelope nods her head "ah, Hello" Alexander says to the empty spot before looking directly at Penelope once more "out of school I play bass guitar, I do photography and sculpturing" Alexander says continuing from Penelope's question, Penelope makes a noise of interest "what do you do?" Alexander asks, his eyes glancing over Penelope's makeup free face, her eyes still slightly puffy and red from crying. The bottom of her nose red from rubbing away at the skin. Then his eyes trail down to her hands mostly lingering on her scarred hand peeking out of the end of her sleeve before looking back up to her face.

"I like volunteering at animal shelters because I don't really like people, I also read, knit and crochet a lot" replies Penelope, Loki peeping his eye open glancing at Alexander who moves adjusting himself in his seat, Penelope moves some of the pillows showing the blanket on the back of the couch "I made this blanket" Penelope explains, the green and white blanket made of granny squares with little strawberries and small daisies on the squares, Alexander runs his fingers over the soft yarn. " This is amazing" Alexander murmurs removing his hand away from the blanket "I'm sorry but what's your name?" Penelope added. Alexander gives a faint gasp "I'm sorry, my name is Alexander Thompson" Alexander says holding out his hand.