7

*People's thoughts will be in bold*
(Time skip to the next morning)

Y/n woke up remembering everything that happened last night. She tried not to think about Vinnie much because maybe she thought she was overreacting. She checked her phone and saw it was 11:30 am.

Fuck I should really get up.

Y/n gets up and goes to the bathroom. After she goes into the kitchen to make breakfast. She sees her brother walk out of his room. Y/n just keeps making her breakfast until her brother starts talking to her.

Brother (aka Tyler): Vinnie is coming over later if mom asks we're going swimming.

Y/n just nods her head. Her phone went off and she checked it. It was Vinnie. She rolls her eyes and opens the message.

Vinnie: Good morning beautiful

Y/n: Good morning

Should i ask him where he went last night when he got the call?
No
We're not even dating
I'm overreacting
UGH

Vinnie: I'm going over in a bit

Y/n: Yeah my brother told me. But i won't be home. I'm hanging out with Ryan today.

Vinnie: Oh really. Is he taking you out on a date or what

Y/n: Vinnie he's my best friend. We're just going out to lunch.

Vinnie: Okay... I'll see you later when you get home i guess

Y/n left him on seen

Ugh he seems upset
fuck it
he hangs out with girls

Y/n got ready for lunch with Ryan.

Ryan: Hey I'm on my way!!

Y/n: Okay i'm almost ready
5 minutes later...

Ryan: I'm outside

Y/n: kk

She rushes toward the front door. As she opens the front door... Vinnie is standing on the other side.

UGH
AWKWARD

Y:n- Umm hey?

Vinnie- Hey

He says with no emotion. They just stayed looked at each other in silence.

Vinnie- Your little boyfriend is outside waiting for you

this guy
wtf
is he seriously mad?

Y/n- Well i better get going then

Vinnie scoffs and walks inside. Y/n walks toward Ryan's truck and gets in. She feels kind of bad for Vinnie. But Ryan is her best friend.

Vinnie shouldn't be mad.
Vinnie is friends with Ryan there's no reason to be mad.

Y/n brushes it off and just wants to enjoy her day. Her and Ryan go to lunch then get ice cream after. They talked about Vinnie mostly and what she's going to do about her brother. Ryan was understanding toward the situation so she never understood why Vinnie would be upset if she hung out with him. Ryan drove Y/n home. Once they reached the front of her house they talked a bit.

Ryan- I think Vinnie is good for you. When we're at football he always finds a way to bring you up.

Y/n- let's hope so well I got to go bye!

Ryan- Bye

Y/n walks inside and sees Vinnie and her brother sitting down eating Mcdonald's

Brother- Hey Vinnie told me you were on a date with Ryan. Didn't know you liked him

Y/n- It wasn't a date and I don't like him. He's my best friend
WTF
why would Vinnie tell my brother that
so annoying

Vinnie- They always say that

Vinnie rolls his eyes and her brother laughs.

Brother- Are you bothered by her and Ryan or what's up your ass Vinnie

Her brother says laughing and shaking his head.

Brother- what do you have feelings for my sister too

He looks at Vinnie waiting for him to answer

Y/n- Yeah Vinnie. Answer him. How do you feel about me?

Y/n stayed with a straight face seeing what he would respond. A part of her wanted him to tell the truth and they could possibly be together. But a part of her knew he wouldn't so it wouldn't affect their friendship. She understood they were friends for a long time and they never let anything get in between their friendship, especially not a girl. Vinnie sighs and answers.

Vinnie- Bro are you crazy... that's your sister for gods sake. I would never like her.

Vinnie scoffs and Y/n looks away.

Brother- hmmm okay then let's go to my room.

Vinnie- I'll be right there I'm just going to finish eating this.

Y/n's brother walks to his room and she looks at Vinnie and rolls her eyes and leaves. As she's walking to her room Vinnie goes after her and grabs her arm. They look at each other and stay silent.

Y/n- Are you really bothered by Ryan? Is it because he actually asks me to hang out in public with him. Are you bothered that people see us together? Because last thing I remember you saying was "I would never like her" so fuck you Vinnie. This was your chance...our chance to just tell my brother the truth. If you really did want something with me you would've told him something by now. But actually now that I think about it you don't even want to be seen with me. It's constant sneaking around. Why are you hiding our relationship?

Vinnie- I-I don't know

Y/n- that's all you have to say?

Y/n scoffs and turns toward her door.

Vinnie- Please let's just talk this out. Figure something out. Please.

Y/n opens the door to her room.

Y/n- I'm sorry Vinnie but whatever this is. It's over.

She walks into her room and closes the door. Vinnie stands there in shock not knowing how to comprehend what happened.

(Vinnies thoughts)
What did i just do?
I should've told him the truth
I really do like her everything is just so complicated.
But I can't.
I can't be with her.
I'm in love with someone else...
I've been lying to her
She deserves someone better.
After all i'm just her brother's best friend.