31

Thoughts in bold

Since Christmas Y/n and Vinnie figured things out. She hadn't talked to Reggie, but she honestly forgot about it. Ben would still hang out with her. Everything was going back to normal.

It was New Year's eve, which meant Y/n's family would go to the Hacker's house. It was tradition for the last 7 years. This time was different. She was with Vinnie.

Y/n was doing her hair and makeup. She picked out some jeans to wear and a jacket since it was cold. As she was about to walk out of her room, her brother is standing in the door way.

Y/n- Yes

Brother- Mom said we have to go pick up a cake she had made. Then we'll meet them there.

Y/n- Let's go

Y/n and her brother were in his truck driving to pick up the cake. It was silent until he played music. The tension was rising. She hadn't spoken to him since the incident with Vinnie at Christmas. Y/n figured him and Vinnie had talked about it. As they came to a stop in front of the cake shop Y/n spoke.

Y/n- Are you sure you're okay with Vinnie and me being together?

Her brother sighs trying to figure out what to say.

Brother- It doesn't matter whether I'm okay with it or not. As long as you're happy.

Y/n didn't know what to say. She was grateful to have a brother like him. She got down and got the cake and now they headed toward the Hackers.

Once they arrived they got down and walked in.

Maria- My favorite is here! How are you sweetie?

Y/n and her brother answered at the same time

Brother- I'm good

Y/n- I'm good

They both look at each other and give confused looks.

Brother- Shes talking about me obviously

Y/n- You wish

Maria- I love you both now come here.

She pulled them both into a hug.

They walk to the backyard where everyone else is. Y/n says hi to Nate and Reggie. Vinnie was putting wood together for a fire later. Y/n watched as she tried to fix it and collect more.

He's so cute

Vinnie hadn't noticed her until he turned around and looked up to her standing next to his dad. He quickly went up to her and kissed her on the cheek.

Vinnie- Hi baby

Y/n- Hi

Vinnie- Let's go to my room. I need to show you something.

Y/n- Oh? like right now? Can't we wait til later?

Vinnie- What? Ohhhh I get it

A smirk grew on his face

Vinnie- I was only going to give you something that I got you, but we can make it quick. No one will even notice we're gone

Y/n Rolls her eyes

Y/n- We're saving that for later.

Vinnie takes her hand and leads her to his room.

Vinnie- Close your eyes.

Y/n- What? Why?

Vinnie- Just do it

Y/n closes her eyes as she hears Vinnie shuffling through this things. He stops and get closer to her.

Vinnie- You can open them now

Y/n looks down and sees a box.

Y/n- What is this?

Vinnie- Consider it a part 2 to your christmas gift.

He smiles waiting for her to open it. Y/n opens the box revealing a heart necklace with a small diamond in the middle of it.

Y/n- Vinnie I love it. Thank you.

She smiles at him and immediately hugs him.

I'm so lucky.

Y/n- I love you.

Vinnie- I love you more.

Y/n- Can you put it on me

Vinnie nods as Y/n turns and moves her hair out of the way. He puts on the necklace and gives her a soft kiss on her neck causing shivers down her spine.

Vinnie- You're perfect.

He kisses her neck again cussing her to face him.

She places her hands around his neck. Looking into each other's eyes, Vinnie picks her up causing her to wrap her legs around him.

He walks closer to the bed placing her down carefully. He began kissing her neck moving up to her lips. Vinnie moves back down kissing her stomach causing Y/n to whimper. She wants more. Needs more of Vinnie.

Y/n- V-Vinnie Please I want you right now.

Vinnie stops kissing her and stands up smirking.

Y/n- What are you doing?

No.

Vinnie- Earlier you said we'd save it for later. Let's go.

Y/n pouts getting off the bed and fixing her hair.

Y/n-  I don't like you right now.

Vinnie quickly gives her a kiss and opens the door. Y/n walking out with Vinnie behind her. They go with everyone outside as they were sitting down ready to eat. Reggie stared as the sat down next to each other.

Reggie- Nice of you to join us. What were you two doing?

Y/n clears her throat.

Nosy

Y/n- Vinnie was just giving me this

She picks up the necklace from her chest showing it to him.

Reggie- Hmm is that it. I heard y-

Vinnie- Okay let's get to eating I'm hungry

Vinnie glares at Reggie because he knew he was just trying to make it awkward.

They had dinner and it was now dark. They popped fireworks in the back yard and started the fire to keep them warm. They all sat around it talking and laughing. Y/n and Vinnie had a blanket wrapped around each other. It was now 11:59 pm. Almost New Years.

Vinnie leans closer to Y/n.

Vinnie- I hope you know that you are everything to me. I love you.

Y/n looks at him as she is about to respond everyone starts counting down.

10...
9...
8...
7...
6...
5...
4...
3...
2...
1...

Vinnie leans in and kisses Y/n. At first she was taken back and forgot about the New years kiss that everyone dreamed of. This was perfect. Her first New Years Kiss with the guy she loves so much... Vinnie.

She pulls away and smiles.

"I love you so much Vinnie"