23

Thoughts in bold

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Wtf?
I didn't expect this
Shit

Y/n- I...

Vinnie- If you want to think about it, it's okay. I'll give you time. I just want you to be 100% with your decision.

Y/n smiles at Vinnie.

Y/n- Thank you.

She hugs him and gives him a kiss on the cheek. Y/n steps out of the car and walks inside.

She goes into the kitchen when she hears someone behind her. She immediately turns around.

"Where were you? It's late"

Y/n- What the fuck? I didn't know you were back.

Brother- Got here earlier. So where were you?

Y/n- Out

Y/n rolls her eyes as she grabs a glass of water.

Brother- I know you were at Vinnie's. Mom told me.

Y/n stops what she's doing and faces toward him.

Damn this woman.

Y/n- I just had dinner. Like you you're always eating dinner with them.

Brother- But i'm there all the time and he's my best friend. You two barely even speak to each other and all of a sudden you're invited to dinner with his family.

Y/n scoffs and looks at him.

Jealous much?

Brother- Wait? No. No. No. Don't tell me both of you are...

Y/n- Can you just leave it alone?

Brother- HE'S MY BEST FRIEND

He raises his voice only making Y/n more upset and frustrated with the situation. Their mom walks out from her room to the kitchen.

Mom- What is going on here? Why are you yelling at your sister?

Brother- Because she's basically fucking my best friend.

Y/n looks at her mom and she sighs.

Mom- Y/n can be with whoever she wants. Anyway I like Vinnie he's been sweet to her.

Brother- Wait so you knew?

Y/n could see her brother getting more frustrated so she begins walking away.

Mom- You're not leaving until you tell your brother everything.

Y/n- Mom!! Why does he need to know?

Brother- How long has this thing with Vinnie been going on?

Y/n looks at the floor not knowing if she should tell him the truth.

Y/n- Since summer

Brother- SINCE SUMMER? WE'RE IN FUCKING OCTOBER RIGHT NOW

Mom- You need to calm down.

Brother- I'm not going to calm down. That's my best friend and even worse she was hiding it from me.

Y/n- I WASNT THE ONLY ONE WHO HID IT FROM YOU! EVERYONE FUCKING KNEW

Brother- I'm leaving. Fuck this

Her brother gets his keys and starts walking out the door.

Mom- Where are you going? Come back

Brother- Going for a drive

He slams the door. Y/n looks at her mom.

Y/n- Im sorry. I should've told him.

Mom- He would have reacted the same way if you had told him since the beginning.

Y/n grabs her phone and calls Vinnie.

Vinnie- Hello?

Y/n- He knows everything.

Vinnie- What? Who knows? What are you talking about?

Y/n-My brother is home. He knows about me and you since summer. He left a couple of minutes ago and he was mad. I don't know where he went.

Vinnie- Look it's going to be fine okay? I haven't texted him since this morning but I'll try to text him right now. I should probably explain everything.

Y/n- Okay. Let me know what happens.

Vinnie- I'll see you tomorrow.

Y/n- Yeah. Bye.

She hung up and went to her room. She showered and stayed up waiting for a text from Vinnie and her brother to come home. It was currently 12:30 and she was tired. Y/n felt like she couldn't stay awake. She layed on her bed and slowly closed her eyes, when she heard someone open her door. She sits up quickly trying to see who it was.

Brother- Hey

Y/n- What are you doing?

Brother- I'm sorry. Vinnie explained everything. I went to his house after I left here. I was just mad. You're my sister. I'm always going to care about what guy you're with.

Y/n- He told you everything?

Brother- Yes. Even that he hurt you. We got into an argument over that, but he told me everything that happened after that. How he's trying to be better and that he asked you out. I know that you didn't give him an answer, but please think carefully about this.

Y/n- I know. I don't want to ruin your friendship with him.

Brother- Nothing will ever happen to mine and Vinnie's friendship. I can't believe i'm saying this but for once do something for yourself. Even if that means being with...Vinnie.

Y/n nods and gives him a small smile.

Brother- I just don't want to know about anything you and Vinnie do. I already told him that too. It just- nvm I don't even want to think about it.

Y/n laughs

Y/n- Okay thanks but can you get out now. I'm going to sleep.

Her brother walks out and Y/n grabs her phone to check the time. She sees a message from Vinnie.

"Your brother was here. We talked. Everything is okay. I promise"

I should say yes to him.
Right?