11

(Thoughts in bold)

What could she be talking about?
Why did he take me away from her?
He was acting kinda weird.
I should ask him about it later.

Y/n was sitting in class patiently waiting for the bell to ring. She couldn't believe that something already happened and she's barely in her first class of the day. The bell is about to ring and she gets a text.

Vinnie- Meet me next to the lockers so we can talk please.

Y/n just looks at it and rolls her eyes and doesn't bother to text him back. The bell finally rings and she's walking out of class when she feels someone tap her shoulder. Y/n turns around and sees Ryan.

Ryan- Hey

Y/n- Hi

They start walking toward the lockers where she's supposed to meet Vinnie. And they get to the spot and wait and talk there.

Ryan- How are you?

Y/n- I'm good

Y/n smiles as she looks down. Ryan puts his hand on her cheek so she can face him and keeps it there.

Ryan- I saw what happened with Vinnie and Hailey in the hallway. I know it's bothering you.

Y/n- Oh. Well I mean they have history right.

Ryan- Y/n I should tell you something about Vinnie that you need to know.

Y/n raises her voice slightly.

Y/n- OMG! What is it with everyone today and making it seem like Vinnie is hiding something.

Vinnie was walking toward her and heard what Y/n said.

Vinnie- What do you mean hiding something? I'm not hiding anything.

Vinnie glares at Ryan and Ryan scoffs and turns back to Y/n.

Ryan- Listen to me. It's best if you just stay away.

Vinnie- I'm right here and I know the real reason you want her to stay away.

Ryan- She's my best friend I'm only trying to protect her.

Y/n- Come on guys let's get to class.

Y/n starts walking away and Vinnie raises his voice enough for others to hear.

Vinnie- You may be her best friend, but we all know you don't see her like that. You want her but you know you can't have her.

Y/n- Vinnie what are you talking about.

Ryan looks down.

Ryan- It's nothing don't listen to him.

Vinnie- Everybody sees it Y/n I'm surprised you haven't. Do you really think he's your best friend just because. He likes you. That's why he's been trying to make me stay away from you. Because he knows you want ME and not him.

Y/n- Come on he's my best friend he would never like me. Right Ryan?

He can't like me.
I'm with Vinnie.
Kinda.
But what if he really needs to tell me something about Vinnie

Ryan slowly walks away facing them.

Ryan- I should get going to class.

Y/n- Ryan wait come on. Let's talk about this.

Ryan just keeps walking away and goes to class.

Y/n stands there not knowing whether to go to class or go home.

Worst first day of school.

Vinnie- Come on let's go to class

Y/n- How long have you known?

Vinnie- What

Y/n- How long have you known that he likes me?

Vinnie- It's obvious but I don't know. Awhile. wait you don't like him do you.

Y/n- I need to go to class.

Y/n turns away when she feels a grip on her wrist.

Vinnie- Y/n

Y/n looks into his eyes and sighs

Y/n- I don't he's my best friend.

Vinnie- Good

Vinnie let's go and they walk their separate ways to class. Y/n contemplates going home but she would have to walk since Vinnie was her ride to school. And she couldn't walk because she lived far from school.

I guess I have to stay here.

Y/n walks into class and looks up to see Ryan and an empty seat next to him. She takes a deep breath and sits next to him, but he has his head down not noticing. She pokes his arm and he looks up. Ryan sighs and puts his head back down.

Y/n- I was hoping we could talk

Ryan keeps his head down and starts talking.

Ryan- There's nothing to talk about

Y/n- From what just happened in the hall way I would say different

This guy

Ryan- We're best friends and you're with Vinnie what is there to talk about?

Y/n- So what he said isn't true... about you liking me.

Ryan stayed quiet with his head down trying to think of what to say and sighed

Ryan- Even if I had any feelings toward you like I said you're with Vinnie.

Y/n stayed silent and stayed looking forward the rest of the class.

This class is taking forever.
Can this day literally get any worse.
Fuck it i'm going home.

Y/n wanted to go home so she had an idea. She raises her hand and waits to be called on.

Teacher- Yes Y/n

Y/n- May I could go the nurse

Ryan shot his head up quickly when he heard Y/n and furrowed his eyebrows to her trying to figure out what's wrong. Y/n turns away from him and looks at the teacher.

Teacher- Yes go ahead.

Y/n starts getting up to leave when Ryan grabs her hand.

Ryan- Is everything alright?

Y/n nods her head with a small smile and walks out. She goes straight to the nurses office and sits there.

Nurse- How are you feeling?

Y/n- I feel like I-I have a fever
Yeah that's a good one
or should i have said i threw up

Nurse let me take your temperature.

Fuck didn't think about that.

The nurse took her temperature.

Nurse- Well looks like you don't have a fever but you should go home anyway.

Y/n- Okay I'll call my mom to pick me up. Thank you.

Y/n calls her mom and she's on her way. She gets there and y'all are walking out of school.

Mom- Are you feeling okay?

Y/n- I think I have a fever

Mom- Hmm okay I'll take you home and take some medicine and take a nap.

Y/n- Okay
I'm just glad I got out that hell hole.

Y/n got home when her phone went off.

Vinnie- Hey baby are you okay? Where are you?

Y/n rolls her eyes and turns off her phone. She lays on her bed slowly drifting off to sleep.