16

Thoughts in bold

(Time skip to Friday)
Y/n has not talked to or acknowledged Ryan since they last talked. She spent all her time with Vinnie, and today was friday which meant it was his first football game of the season. Everyone was excited. The school was decorated in their school colors. Vinnie was very excited because he had been working hard to be the best. Y/n was so proud of him so she decided to do something special. She wanted to do it for Ryan too, but considering the circumstances she's not. When he was at practice the day before Y/n decided to go to Target to get all his favorite snacks and drink to make him a goodie bag to wish him good luck. She decided to print a picture of the two of them and wrote a note in the back of it. She was hoping to give it to him when he picked her up for school.

Y/n was currently making a bagel in her kitchen for her and Vinnie while waiting for him to pick her up. As she's making breakfast her mom walks in.

Mom- Good morning

Y/n- Morning

Mom- Vinnie picking you up again?

Y/n- Yes mom

Mom- Are you two dating or something?

Y/n looks at her mom and laughs nervously

Y/n- NO! I mean what makes you say that

Mom- I'm just asking. You two are getting awfully close. I can tell he likes you.

Y/n- Hmm have you talked to my brother. He doesn't really answer my texts.

Mom- Yes. He's coming home today.

Y/n's heart drops. She knows that today is the day Vinnie tells him everything. This will change everything or make everything better.

Y/n- Oh really?

Mom- He said he was coming to watch the game. He said he told Vinnie he was coming. I assumed he told you.

Y/n- I must've forgotten

Vinnie didn't tell me
He forgot maybe

Y/n looks down at her phone to see a message from Vinnie.

7:22

Vinnie- Hey I'm outside

She looks at it and grabs her stuff.

Y/n- Well Vinnie is here I better get going

Y/n walks out the door and gets into his car.

Vinnie- Hi baby

Y/n- Hi. I um got you something.

Vinnie- What is it?

Y/n pulls the goodie back with all the snacks and the picture out from her back pack.

Y/n- I just wanted to wish you good luck for your game tonight

Vinnie's face lit up as she handed it to him.

Y/n- I hope you like it