13

(Thoughts in bold)

Y/n- And that's what he said...

Vinnie- When did he tell you this?

Y/n could tell Vinnie was upset and annoyed with Ryan.

Y/n- Before I called you.

Vinnie- Were you with him when he told you this.

I'm going to kill him
He can't stay out of this

Y/n- ...yes

Fuck

Vinnie gets up from Y/n's bed and starts pacing.

Y/n- Vinnie

Vinnie- You're always with him and all he seems to do is talk shit about me. He's making me look bad. How do you think that makes me feel? What do you think people say about you and Ryan at school?

Y/n- Why are you upset? I'm telling you what Ryan said I could've just kept it from you but I didn't. And why do you care what people say about me and Ryan you know the truth. He's my best friend.

He kinda has a point

Vinnie- Yeah well now i'm starting to believe what everyone is saying about you two.

Y/n- Vinnie...don't say that. You can't be mad.

Vinnie raises his voice at Y/n.

Vinnie- Yes i can. I have the right to be mad. You don't think i see the way he looks at you. The way that he goes out of his way to do anything for you. It makes my blood boil that he does everything in his power to do everything and anything before I get to. It feels like a constant competition between the both of us.

Y/n gets up and grabs vinnies hands and looks into his eyes and he looks away.

Y/n- Vinnie...look at me please.

Vinnie slowly looks up at Y/n. She can tell he is hurt.

Y/n- I didn't know you felt like that. I'm sorry. Why didn't you ever tell me?

Vinnie- Because like you said you two are best friends, but I can't help it when he has feelings for you. All of a sudden when me and you became something he admitted to liking you. I just don't get it.

Y/n- Is there anything we can do to fix this. Maybe talk to Ryan about it?

Vinnie- I don't think you should hang out with him as much.

Y/n- What?

He can't be serious

Vinnie- If we want this to work that's what you have to do.

Y/n stood there for a minute thinking and went to sit on her bed and Vinnie followed her.

I guess this is what I have to do

Y/n- If I have to do that, then you have to tell my brother everything. That me and you are something.

Vinnie looks at Y/n in shock

Y/n- Why do you look shocked?

Vinnie looks away.

Y/n- Were you not planning on tell him?

Y/n raised her voice slightly and Vinnie grabs her hands to calm her down.

Vinnie- I was, I'm just kind of worried on how he'll react. But i'll tell him when he comes down from college again.

Y/n nods her head agreeing with him.

Vinnie- I'm sorry about everything I said. I just want this to work and something or someone always has to get in the way.

I'm starting to think she's the one I want.
Not hailey.
Y/n is perfect.

Vinnie gives Y/n a kiss on the cheek and he stands up pulling Y/n up with him and hugging her. She feels safe and at peace with Vinnie. Suddenly Y/n's phone goes off and she lets go of Vinnie and she turns around causing him to wrap his arms around her. Vinnie has his chin on her shoulder looking at her phone. She opens it and sees...

8:58 pm

Ryan- Y/n can we talk please?

Vinnie scoffs and let's go of Y/n and lays on her bed.

Vinnie- After everything he says about me and the way he talked to you earlier he says that.

Y/n- Should I respond?

Vinnie- What did we just talk about?

Y/n- I guess you're right

I feel so bad.

Vinnie- Come and lay down with me.

Y/n lays down with Vinnie thinking about Ryan and how hard it will be now that she can't talk to him as much.

All the things I'm doing just to make Vinnie happy.
I hope it's all worth it...