POV: Betty

-Saturday, 11:58am-

I haven't left my bed and I don't play to. My mom wanted to take me and Steven out to breakfast to celebrate me winning prom queen last night. He actually won prom king, so it was just like last year's prom. Except when we left last night, I saw James' dad's car in the parking lot. With no James to be found. I tried texting and calling but his phone must be off, because they won't even go through. I don't know what happened and quite frankly I can't be bothered to care anymore.

"Betty, Steven's downstairs. He says he's worried and if you don't go down, he's coming up." My mom shouts from the hall. I groan louder than necessary and suddenly my door opens.

"When your mom said breakfast was cancelled because you refuse to leave your bed I knew it was my job to get you through this." He says, walking over to my bed. He lays down next to me, propped up on his side and ready to give a listening ear or a shoulder. At least someone cares.

"I don't want to talk about it Steven, leave me alone. He lied and he showed up but then where was he? Where did he go, Jenette's?"

"Jenette went to an after party with her boyfriend, who isn't James. I don't know what happened but school is in two days. If he doesn't respond by then, I'm dragging you out of this bed and you're going to get the answers you deserve."

"Dragging me won't be necessary. However holding me back from killing him is a different story. Monday is the last day of school,  just finals and go home. If he even shows up I doubt there'll be much time to talk before he runs off."

I start crying in Steven's arms, something that's becoming a very active routine of mine.