POV: James

Betty and I spent Saturday at the park, I packed us a picnic with all her favorite foods and the rest of last night's Sierra Mist. She told me she'll be having a birthday party and I need to be on my best behavior around all her friends and family.

I promised I won't ruin her special day. "I can't believe we're almost adults, it's been the most amazing almost-a-year with you." I said, leaning over and kissing her. What happens with Augustine when September comes and Betty leaves?

We spent Sunday binge watching movies, and doing a lot of kissing. It was so much easier than talking, and talking wasn't our strong suit even after a month of doing this. Things haven't been right since prom and it was feeling like they never would be. Betty drove home and I fell asleep dreaming about what a life living with her would be like if I decided to go.

Monday after her shift, I called Augustine and we met behind the mall like we always do. We went to her place and ordered pizza again. We traded the few stories of our lives we had left that the other hadn't already heard, and I finally told her I might move soon. She broke down crying and I just held her, not saying anything about it having to do with Betty. I decided to spend the rest of the summer here, with Augustine. I'd go to Betty's party and tell her I'm going with her. I'll tell her all my time from there on is hers. Everything will be alright.