POV: Augustine

James' dad finally decided he trusts him enough to let him stay out of the house for the rest of the summer. That was right after the 4th of July, it's August now. James' nickname for me this last month has been August and he laughed when he met my parents and learned that they've been calling me that since I was born. I never told anyone that before cause I loved my full name, but when it rolls off James' tongue it sounds like poetry.

He didn't meet them on purpose, they used to visit on weekends when James was going back and fourth between here and his house. When he stopped leaving, he'd hide in my room when they'd be over. He thought they were gone one day and walked out shirtless, only to find my parents still there on the couch. He impressed them though and that's really heard to do. I had to introduce him as my boyfriend, and explain we didn't tell them because we're taking it slow.

"James, do you love our daughter?" My father asked, pressingly.

"Yes, sir. I do. Very much." James replied, and my heart fluttered around in my chest. I loved calling him my boyfriend, I hadn't done it before.

James talked about me to them like I was the most valued thing in his life, and that night we danced under the stars on the beach. He hadn't talked about Betty in so long, I was sure they'd broken up. I wonder if he used to see her when he was home on the weekends. I wonder if that's why he stopped going. He says he's still moving in a couple weeks, but we haven't talked why or where. I've been too scared to ask and he's been too worried he'll break me when he goes.

The stars glimmered above us and the moon sang. He whispered that he loved me in my ear and I giggled like a school girl before saying it back. He held me so tight that nothing in this world could hurt me. Yet somehow I wanted to hug him tighter and kiss him deeper than I already was.

That was three weeks ago. This is our last week together. James has filled the last few weeks with swimming, boat rides, sleeping together, board games, dancing, star-gazing, and avoiding me every time I ask if he'll call when he moves.