POV: James

I ended up spending the last 3 nights at Augustine's house, and we slept together every night. It was great, it felt amazing. But we can't take it to far. I told her I'll spend my weekdays with her but I have to go home on the weekends or my dad would flip. She bought it, and it wasn't entirely a lie anyway. At 7:30am on Friday we left her house, so I could go spend the weekend with Betty. She dropped me off, and we waved goodbye.

I spent the morning getting ready, and told Betty everything she'd need for our weekend together. At noon we went on a boat ride and then swimming. I spent the whole time trying not to look over at Augustine's apartment on the beach, praying her car didn't get in her driveway anytime soon. We went out for ice cream and we both got cookie dough, her favorite. We hadn't talked much at all until we were in the ice cream shop. We sat at a table in the corner and just made small talk. Summer plans, college plans. I put some of my ice cream on her nose, and we both laughed. She said she missed me and was tired of being mad. She apologized for believing Inez about the girl in the car.

"I missed you too Betty, I really did. We should do this every weekend." I said, grabbing her hand.

We decided to go to the fair grounds. We rode the ferris wheel and at the top I asked if she was okay with kissing me. We hadn't kissed in over a week. She said yes and so we did, and then we got food and went to watch the sunset from my backyard.

She slept in my bed, and we cuddled but that was all. I watched movies all night because I couldn't sleep. I'd never been so confused.