𝟕➺𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧

Chapter 7Pain

Chapter 7
Pain

Jolting up in his bed, Hongjoong pants heavily, his hair and shirt clinging to his forehead and body respectively cause of the sweat. Closing his eyes to calm himself down and failing in the process Hongjoong just stays that way, not having any intentions to open his eyes. "Phew, it was such a deadly nightmare." Trying to gulp the fear down, Hongjoong opens his eyes after a few minutes, his eyes looking for a particular someone immediately.

Widening his eyes yet again from the fear of the dream, Hongjoong gets up from the bed, San wasn't here. "Sannie?" Hongjoong mumbles in a lost tone, fear creeping through his nerves yet again, as he looks around in the room, finding it dark enough even if it was morning already. Moving his feet towards the bathroom, Hongjoong knocks. "Sannie? You inside?"

No answer.

Hongjoong's breathing went on a little unbalanced pace as he knocks again.

No answer again.

Stretching his arm to grab onto the knob Hongjoong turned it to check if it was locked. It wasn't locked either and what he saw behind the door was an empty bathroom.

Not bothering to close it, Hongjoong makes his way out of the bedroom looking around. "Sannie?!" Hongjoong calls out, only to no reply in return. Hongjoong was panicking now. Where was San? He didn't tell him anything. Going back in his room after a full on search for San in the whole apartment, Hongjoong looked for his phone until he noticed a paper under it.

Raising his eyes, still a little afraid of anything happening to his lover, Hongjoong takes the note in his hand.

Joongie, I'm going to Jongho's house. Sorry, I had some stuff to return him, so I went early without telling you. I'll be back by lunch.

-love Sannie

Hongjoong breathed a sigh of relief at the words written in the note before shrugging. So much for a nightmare. But it wasn't that his anxiety was gone, just because of knowing San was safe didn't mean he wasn't worried after the nightmare he had. Skipping his way to the kitchen, Hongjoong looked around for some ramen. As the sound of the filling the pot entered his ears, Hongjoong found himself drifting again.

Music filling his ears, it wasn't a new thing to him. Even the smallest sounds out there were like music to Hongjoong, but what came along with the sound of water boiling over the fire were deep husky whispers echoing in his mind in almost undecipherable sentences.

"Hongjoong, my love~~"

Hongjoong furrowed his eyebrows as his vision grew darker at the corners. Things felt weird, the boiling water on stove wasn't even remembered anymore as Hongjoong stood there looking into nothing.

"Joongie, don't you want to dance with your love?"

Hongjoong couldn't define whose voice it was but whoever it was, it was the same voice again. The same voice he had heard in that dream last night. It was calling him to dance with it. It was the same voice that though he didn't hear from San he couldn't help but imagine San in his dream, it was the mirrored demon in the face of San who owned that voice. Shuddering, Hongjoong shakes his head feeling uneasy yet again.

Switching the stove off, Hongjoong decided against having food, his appetite long gone on a vacation for now. Taking his phone out, Hongjoong dialed a certain person. His usual habit of tapping at the back of the phone while listening to the call ring still there. A few rings and the call was sent to voice mail. Furrowing his eyebrows, Hongjoong tried again. Voice mail greeting him again.

Hongjoong now tried the number of another person. The call rang for a few seconds until the it was picked. "Hello? Hongjoong hyung!" The other side greeted brightly as Hongjoong just hastily greets back getting to his point straight away. "Jongho-yah! Is San there? Can you give the phone to him?" A sound of confusion emitted from the other side throwing Hongjoong into panick. "Hyung, Sannie left an hour ago. He's not home?" Jongho asked concern lacing his words this time as Hongjoong cursed saying he will call later and that he has to go look for San.

As Hongjoong hung the call he was off to the door, stuffing his feet in his shoes without caring if he even opened the laces before doing so and running out the apartment door to his car. Driving to the first possible destination, Hongjoong stopped at the dance studio after 20 minutes. Not bothering to lock the car, Hongjoong went inside, asking if San was here only to be informed that he wasn't.

Threading his fingers through his hair in frustration, Hongjoong went out and took his phone out of his pocket while he got in the car. Dialing the number to San, Hongjoong waited as he pulled out of the parking as the call rang. Just before it could go to voice mail a distant click of the call getting picked echoed as Hongjoong grew attentive. "San? Where are you?!" He could hear the wind blowing against the phone as it blurred and cracked San's voice.

It felt as if San was running. Where? Why? He had no idea. "H-hongjoo-ng! C-Come hom-e-*beep*" The call hung up itself as Hongjoong furrowed his eyebrows now worry shooting up his head as he drove faster to their apartment. Reaching Hongjoong made a run for the stairs not having the patience to wait for the elevator. These were the moments where Hongjoong hated the fact that he was short because he couldn't take the stairs more than two at once.

The door to the apartment slammed open making a thundering echo to produce from it as Hongjoong got in. The whole apartment was dark. Everything was dark to the point Hongjoong wasn't able to walk properly. "Sannie-ahhhh!" Crying out because of the sharp pain that shot out through his feet that still had shoes on, Hongjoong fell on the floor. There was something sharp that probably pierced through his shoe to pierce through his skin as Hongjoong could feel the slightly wet feeling of blood seeping out through the soft skin.

The lights in the apartment flickered open at that as it felt almost blinding, Hongjoong closing his eyes, another series of pain shooting up his orbs. His arm shielding his small eyes as he heard a dark deep and husky voice speak up. "Are you alright, joongie?" Feeling a headache generate itself within his head, Hongjoong felt his eyelids grow heavier at the voice that had him shivering from the thunder that voice caused later. As much as the voice may sound concerned from its words, Hongjoong couldn't feel any sort of concern in it.

What he felt from it was just mockery, his voice sounding like daggers stabbing every part of his body asking for nothing but pain. His eyeslids had losen their ability to stay open only when that dark voice came closer, it's harsh and cold hand grabbing onto his arm and pulling it away from his eyes. But he wasn't conscious to feel the pain shooting in his head anymore when he fell backwards on the floor.

"Didn't know you were this weak, I guess, I'll need to get you used to this first, my love."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Hey everyone! I know this is short, I'll try to write longer but I have been busy with school and since my exams are starting soon it's more difficult. Next update will surely be after my exams because of this but I'll still try if I can update before that(: hope everyone is doing great❤️❤️❤️