𝟖➺𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝

Chapter 8Dreamy Cold

Chapter 8
Dreamy Cold

The sudden shaking assault felt almost too much on his weak, shivering body from fear. His body covered with sweat, his shirt clinging onto his skin almost too much, the creases on his forehead intensening, lips dry and pale from the amount of fear insued within his head, haunting him with every single vision, voice, or touch.

"You'll dance with me, my love~~"

He could feel his body was paralyzed by every single stab of the icy cold words he heard, tearing his head and heart apart into an argument. Was this a dream or was it not? Was he still not over the image of a bloody demon in the mirror he imagined or was it really standing before him, cornering him like a little scared child from its bullies.

The cold hand removing his arm from above his eyes, it's bloodiness not leaving behind any traces for some reason, only just a stabbing cold feeling that felt all too much to pierce through his epidermis. Bright light entering his eyes, making him blind. "Joongie!!! Wake up!! Joongieeeeeee!-"

"Sannie!!!" Panting half breathed, Hongjoong's voice comes out in a high pitched shriek of pain, desperation, fear and what not. Feeling a pounding headache hitting like hammer on his skull, Hongjoong groaned right after, his hand coming to support his head. Feeling two warm hands on his cheeks, Hongjoong winces almost too bothered by the dream, he remembers the cold bloody feeling they had only to relax within the grip of the completely opposite soft warm hands resting on his cheeks.

"Joongie...." Trailing his voice in worry laden whisper, San eyes Hongjoong with creased eyebrows, line pressed lips tagging along. "You were tossing and screaming around in your sleep. Did you get a nightmare?" San leans in to inspect Hongjoong's features in a concerned filled manner, Hongjoong not fully out of the shock of a whole almost too real deadly horror episode. It felt too real to be a dream, he was too scared to believe it was a dream.

His fear was more not because he was scared, but because of what he imagined. Everything felt more worrisome day by day as he eyes San do his usual tasks. It felt as if San was hiding something, and that he wasn't even sure of what he himself was hiding. Leaning into the warm touch, Hongjoong closes his eyes yet again, taking a deep breath in, until he opens them.

Getting out of the bed, Hongjoong now stood on the floor, his eyes staring at San whose worry is still lacing his orbs. "It's alright, Sannie It was just a small nightmare." Hongjoong turns around, his bare feet making small steps to the closet. Shuffling through his clothes, Hongjoong looks around for something good to wear as in his messy process, his arm hits something cold and hard, the object disbalancing and toppling down the closet on the floor.

Loud, crack and shatter sound produced by the object resulting in both the parties present to gasp loudly, the nearest one stretching his arm down to pick the object up but immediately losing to the speed of the other. As soon as San's eyes fell upon the object, his insides screamed nervously as he fumbled fastly to the object to pick it up before the other could. "Oh my gosh! It's broken!" San shrieks in dissatisfaction, his mouth forming a slight pout.

He wasn't concerned about the camera breaking though, he was just trying his best not sound suspicious. "Oh my! I'm so sorry Sannie!" Hongjoong apologies, his face showing off the guilt. "It's alright, it's not your fault." San goes away to put the camera on the table in the far corner of the room, his lips forming a sad pout but his heart knowing how much it trembled because of the nervousness.

"Thankfully, he didn't question." The world must have been against San, as his soft whispers seemed to not reach Hongjoong's ear but Hongjoong's words came out on the right time making it seem he heard it. "Anyways, why did you keep the camera in the closet?" Hongjoong's questions rang through his ears, his face turning pale, nervousness creeping through. 'What do I tell him now?' Constant thunders of what he should tell Hongjoong rang in his mind, losing the ability to think much as he blurts.

"It wasn't of much use lately, so I just thought to put it there instead of letting it grow dusty outside day by day, that's all!" Hongjoong seemed to catch the change of San's tone go higher in pitch. San was lying. He knew whenever San lied his voice goes a little higher, with his words coming out of sudden in one go. Squinting his eyes almost in an unnoticeable way, Hongjoong nods turning back to look for some clothes.

San sighs relief, as he goes to Hongjoong, his arms wrapping around the older's waist as he pouted whispering in his ear. "Joongie..." Hongjoong continues looking through the closet, finally settling with a plain white button up shirt as hummed to San in reply. "I'm really sorry but I have to go to the dance studio for practice. Will you be alright by yourself?" San mumbles, playing with Hongjoong's shirt fabric as Hongjoong didn't reply making his way towards the bathroom.

Only when he reached the door did Hongjoong turn around in San's hold and kissed the other on the forehead. "Of course I will be. Don't worry." Hongjoong caresses San's hair hugging him closer. San has a habit of extra worrying about him and Hongjoong is used to it by now. "When do you have to leave?" Hongjoong asked, still hugging San, enjoying the warm of it.

"Around 10. I don't wanna go joongieeeeeee..." San whined like a child, Hongjoong couldn't help but chuckle, leading his hands to pull away from the hug. "Heyyyyy, don't be a whiny baby. You love dancing then why being like that? Come on you'll be late it's almost 9." Hongjoong leans in and pecks the younger's lips once before San nodded. Hongjoong goes inside the bathroom while San prepared to leave. By the time Hongjoong will be done, San will be gone.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The fog on the shower glass was getting heavier and heavier minute by minute to the point it condensed to water droplets finally descending it way down the smooth glass surface until the caking of fog was stopped by the pausing of the shower head. Hongjoong swept a hand pulling his wet locks behind his head as he made his way out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his lower abdomen. Hongjoong feels a shiver run down his spine at the cold air's contact to his body, prickling imaginary pins in his skin.

As if the cold air was a reminder of the cold hand Hongjoong felt around his wrist in that dream, Hongjoong came to halt stopping his arms half way through air, his shirt hanging above his head as slowly he lowered his arms with the shirt still there. Something hit him. The dream. Widening his eyes, Hongjoong pulled on his clothes immediately, making his way out of his apartment stuffing his feet in his shoes hastily.

He had to stop something from repeating.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Hey everyone! So I finally am back from my exams and I will be trying to write and update faster. Also thanks for 1k reads. I really didn't pay attention to this while j was gone! Love you and take care❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️