[2]

And I really didn't have anything to lose. Over that last year junior high, I trained hard. As of now my All for One quirk had only taken one quirk and it was that of my father. It was part of the reason he left. I didn't know much about him because my mom hated him but I did know he had a decently strong quirk that allowed him to control lightning.  I always felt guilty for causing my father to leave. My mom told me it happened when I was four. My quirk had yet to manifest until I touched my father one day and he realized he didn't have his quirk any more. They were horrified and din't know what was wrong until a bit later I struck green lightning, identical to my father's, at a toy and they put two and two together. He was an average level sidekick to a local hero but loved his career so much until I took that all away from him. He ended up abusing me out of a complete despise for me for a few years until he finally got fed up and left. It's why I always wore my black gloves that further ostracized me from people at school. I had never wanted to take another quirk from someone else ever again. 

But that was before.

The plan was to make my body into a strong enough vessel to begin the process of taking one of the most powerful quirks on earth. All Might's quirk. 

That brings us to the present. Me sitting half asleep listening to Shigaraki explain the re-explain plan I had heard for the past several months millions of times.

"You're strong enough, now. We've trained your body to be able to take on powerful quirks like All Might's. We've even fine-tuned your quirk so that you can take quirks in parts. Like pouring some milk from the carton. Enough to fill the cup, get used to it and then take more. You'll be in the perfect position! Once you've gotten into UA I mean. My sources say he's planning on becoming a teacher so you'll be on the same campus of the egotistical hero every day. You take a bit of All Might's quirk at a time until eventually he's powerless." He told me, anxiously excited. "You've already taken someone strong's quirk now and now you have to take the exam and you're- Hey! Are you even listening!?" 

"Huh?" I said shaking myself awake. I yawned, bored. "Oh. Yeah. Sorry." I ran my gloved fingers through my hair. "It's just I've heard this millions of times, Shiggy. I think I got it."

"Yes but it is very important this all goes according to plan. UA is the top hero academy, their security system to high level not to mention some of the heroes there are highly skilled and experienced. If you get caught we'll all-"

"He'll be fine, Shigaraki." I looked up to see Dabi walking and smiled fondly. He came and stood by me, ruffling my hair and then using my head as an armrest. "Izu is intelligent and really clever. Plus his quirk is incredibly versatile. I'm not worried about him and neither should you be."

"Thank you Dabi."I said standing up. I reached up and put my arm around his neck and pulled him down so I could stand comfortably. He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Now if you'll excuse us, Dabi and I are going to do stuff other than train and hear this same plan seven times before my exam tomorrow." Dabi removed his head from under my arm and followed me out. 

"Usual spot?" I asked without turning around.

"Yes." He followed me up to the roof and we sat down on the edge of it. Frankly, the view was terrible. We weren't too far from my old apartment so the neighborhood was broken down and shady. Trash scattered on the sidewalks, several windows open due to not being able to afford AC, and the occasional police sirens in the distance. But it was still comforting. Maybe because it was all I knew.