[4]

I had just finished getting off the call with Shigaraki, I gave him updates every week over a special burner phone, when I heard a knock at my door. I glanced up at the clock above my desk. 10pm. I got up and opened my door and to my surprise saw Kirishima standing with books in his hand, looking embarrassed. 

"Kirishima! Hi! What are you doing here so late?" I asked surprised. 

"Hi! Um..I'm not really sure" He said chuckling nervously. He breathed in deeply and then spoke again. "I just- I need help studying. We have a quiz tomorrow and I don't understand anything." He groaned. "Please help me, Midobro!" He begged. I laughed at how cute he was.

"Come in, shark boy." I said, laughing and opening the door wider to let him slip past me. We studied for a while, every once in a while I'd feel him staring and wondered what why. Finally I just made eye contact with him. In response he blushed and apologized. 

"Kirishima. Did you only come here to study?" I asked, closing my book and leaning against the headboard of my bed. He sighed and closed his too. 

"No. Well I mean I definitely needed help so thanks to you, I'll probably get a good grade but uh...I had other reasons too." 

"What's up?"

"It's just that even though you're sweet as hell and everyone loves you, I feel like no one really knows you... I mean I've never once heard you mention your family or even simple things like what your hobbies are or-or even your favorite color! No one knows you, Midoriya. And maybe I'm the only one who's realized that about you but-"

"Do you want to know me, Kirishima?" I asked him in a low tone. He looked up to make eye contact with me. 

"Yes." He answered, almost breathlessly. I smiled softly. 

"Ok, hobbies...I used to be obsessed with All Might when I was younger. I probably had every single piece of merchandise with his name plastered on it." I said chuckling. "But I guess I got older and...realized he's human just like I am. I respect him now but I don't worship him anymore." Kirishima nodded in understanding.

"Yeah I went through that with Crimson Riot...I'm starting to create my own hero persona that fits me rather than copies him." 

"Current hobbies though...I like to read and I sing a little bit I guess." 

"Yo Midobro, you sing? You'll have to sing for me one of these days."

"Heh. Honestly...I haven't sang since my mom died." 

"I'm...so sorry. How long ago did she...?"

"Last year. Guess we're talking about family now, huh?" I said. "My mom left when I was a little kid so it was just my mom and I for years until one day she...committed suicide." It stung to say that last part when I now knew it wasn't true but I wasn't ready to go that deep with anyone yet. He nodded solemnly. 

"She was my everything. The reason I smiled. The reason I did well in school. The reason I felt like I wasn't a complete screw up because of all of my disorders..." I trailed off thinking about her.

"She sounds wonderful. I'm glad she made you feel that way because you are nowhere near a screw up." I chuckled, incredulously.