[12]

Izuku sat down and slid against the wall of a random hallway as his legs gave out. His head was still in pain causing him to be dizzy. He felt tears behind his closed eyelids that threatened to spill out. 

"Izu." A concerned voice called out from above him. He kept his eyes shut tightly and tried to ignore the presence. 

"Izuku." He felt a timid hand lightly touch his face and he opened his eyes to see Kiri staring back at him.

"Why do you continue to follow me?" He said quietly. He looked at him with exhausted, watery eyes. Kiri smiled at him softly and reached his other hand up to stroke his hair gently. 

"I'll always follow you. Always be there to support you without judgement no matter what. How many times do I have to tell you that idiot?" He said in soft voice but a teasing manner. He laughed and wiped a tear away as it fell. 

"Kiri...if only you knew..."

"Knew what?" He said pausing. 

Izuku's POV

"Kiri I'm not here at UA to become a hero. I never was." I start. I can feel my heart screaming at me to stop before we lose the most valuable person in our life right now but I ignore it. He deserves the truth before this is all over.

"Izuku what are you talking about?" He said chuckling a bit nervously. 

"I'm the traitor, Kiri. It's me." 

"...What?" He said in a quiet voice. "But-"

"You have every right to be angry with me. I lied to every one." I said turning out of his hands. "I feel guilty and I hate that I had to do this but...I don't regret it." 

"W-why? What did we do to you?" I looked back at him and instantly regretted it as his face was distraught and hurt. 

"Nothing. This isn't about you guys. It-" I took in a deep breath. "It's about my mom. She didn't kill herself, Kiri. She was murdered and my only chance to find out who did it and get proof....was to work for the LOV. I had no choice." I looked back at him and he stared at me. He finally stood up, seemingly deep in thought. I stood up and looked up at his face which held an unreadable expression. I felt tears fall as the last person to ever care about me was finally giving up. I didn't blame him, though. I'd leave me too. 

"I just wanna say that I'm sorry but I'd never take back getting the chance to be your best friend." I whispered looking up at him. He continued to stare above me. "You're my everything and I-I just want you to know that before I-" I was cut off by him grabbing me roughly in his arms and tightly holding me to him. I was frozen, shocked for a second. I could hear his heart was beating rapidly as I wrapped my arms around his waist, his own slung around my upper back. 

"That must have been so hard to deal with as a kid." He whispered into my hair. I sobbed a bit.

"I-I'm a villain, Kiri. I'm a traitor. I'm-"

"You're my best friend, Izuku. That's all that will ever matter to me. I'll never know what it is to be constantly hurt by people who are supposed to protect you but...I just want to be the first person who will never leave you." He said quietly. "Do you finally believe me now when I say that?" He added with a sad chuckle. My eyes widened as I realized that for once some one truly saw me. Beneath the tough exterior, beneath the villainous disguise, beneath the atypical weirdo, someone could see me. I exhaled against his chest and then breathed in his comforting scent.

"Yeah. I do." I reluctantly moved out of his arms and touched his face, smiling up at it. "I have to go do something, ok?"

"Alright, but come back to me, Izu." He said with an eye roll. I smiled in response and slipped away, my face falling a bit as I turned away from him.

As soon as I turned the corner I walked into a firm chest. 

"Kacchan." His face scrunched up when he heard that name. He searched my eyes for a moment confused.

"Are you ok?" I asked, concerned. I reached up to move his hair out of his face and instantly grabbed my hand, squeezing it tightly. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He hissed angrily. I frowned a bit.

"A lot. Now, were you looking for me?" He stared at me for a second.

"...Yes. I just wanted to confront you-"

"You're not ok." I said sadly, ignoring him. He pushed me away from him and began to walk away. 

"FUCK you if you think I'm gonna-" I grabbed his hand lightly. 

"I don't know what happened but...I'm sorry that it did." I said genuinely. 

"You really don't fucking remember?" I shook my head slowly. "You're a damn lunatic, I swear to god." He hesitated and then continued. "Just...answer me this." He started. "Do you honestly think I'm not worthy of being a hero?"

"Katsuki Bakugo you are beyond worthy. All of the growth you've gone through to be where you are proves it. It's why as much as I hate it sometimes, I respect the hell out of you." I tentatively pulled him into a hug and he surprisingly didn't reject it. He relaxed into my arms and let his head fall heavily on my shoulder. 

"You're a fucking walking contradiction, idiot."

"And you're a walking dick." He froze for a second and we both laughed. 

"Damn I taught you well, didn't I?"

"A little too well maybe." I giggled.

"You're a hero, Katsuki, even if you are a bit unconventional in your approach. You've always been one, you just...lost your way a bit." I said. 

"Fucking can't stand you." He said in response. 

"Yeah. I love you too."