[10]

I woke up in a hospital bed next to a sleeping Kirishima in Recovery Girl's room. I rushed to his side and checked him over for major injuries. "He's alright, hun. Just asleep. He actually wasn't too badly beaten thanks to his quirk but he did end up with a concussion." She said. "Now, you have three seconds to inform me as to why I shouldn't beat you three as soon as he wakes up." She said, tapping her cane on the ground menacingly. 

"Sorry, ma'am. I tried to stop the two of them but they were so angry."

"Care to tell me why?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. Before I could, Katsuki walked through the door carrying two coffees. He looked at me surprised, somewhat shrinking from my glare. "Speak of the devil." She said exasperatedly. She walked out of the room, snatching a coffee out of his hand and closing the door behind her. 

"Hey." He said. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Kirishima. You idiot. You could have ended up dead. I thought with a fond smile. 

"I get you're mad at me and I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." He said. 

"How many more times am I going to have to hear you apologize, Katsuki?" I said quietly. "Your lack of control over your emotions will be the death of you and I." He sat down in the seat near the bed. "This reaffirmed my goal though." I said to myself. 

"What'd you say?"

"Nothing." I said finally looking at him. "Stay with him for me? I have things to do. Call me when he wakes up." He nodded. I walked out of the room quickly. I used the LOV database that I could access on my computer to find what I was looking for. I first went to my room and changed into a button up that I left open at the top and untucked. I grabbed black jeans, a black face mask, and a single black earring. I looked in the mirror and couldn't help a small smirk. There was a certain gleam in my eyes that reminded me of a mixture between Dabi and Toga. I slipped out of my window, using my quirk to bound across building roofs. I was waisting time. I was spending so much time being a UA student that I was drifting away from my ultimate reason for being there. I needed to discover what happened to my mother so I decided that I needed to look into her past, starting with the man who left us all those years ago. At the edge of the city in a neighborhood just as shady as my own I found a rundown apartment building. I walked into the dirty lobby and found an old, ragged lady sitting at the front desk, sifting through papers. 

"Can I help you?" She asked, glaring over a paper at me through glasses. 

"Yes. Can you tell me where one Hitoshi Midoriya is in this building." She raised an eyebrow and rolled her eyes. 

"Can't disclose that type of information. Now go away." She said in a monotone voice. I sucked in air through my teeth as if wincing for her. 

"See that's not gonna work for me, ma'am. I don't happen to be in the best mood right now so when I say I want something...it's best I get it." I said most of it with a lopsided smile until the very end. 

"Sir do I have to call the po-" She looked over her paper again to find me standing right in front of her rather than at the door. I was inches away from her face. I set a hand on the counter in front of her, gripping with just enough pressure to watch it crumble in my hand in large chunks. She looked down in horror and then back up at me. She quickly turned and looked something up on her computer before telling me the room number. 

"Thank you." I said with a friendly disposition. I got into the elevator and rose to the top, rolling up my sleeves as I ascended. I glanced at myself in the distorted mirror and fixed a few curls that were out of place.