[3]

As I walked up to the school I was met by Uraraka and a guy I learned to be Tenya Iida. I'd make note of him in my journal later. We entered the class together, everyone excitedly talking to each other. A couple of people waved at us.

"Hi! I'm Izuku Midoriya. It's nice to meet you!"

"Eijiro Kirishima! Nice to meet you, man!" A bunch of other people introduced themselves too.

"Gosh I saw a bunch of you during the exams. You're all really talented!" I gushed. They really were all amazing, their quirks had so much potential. I wrote down as much as I could remember later that day.

"Nah that's all you! Your quirk involves strength and electricity like mine, right? Super cool!" Kaminari said.

"Well yes, I can draw strength from the lightning I produce to power my body and can also call out bolts from my body to target specific objects." I said. Of course this wasn't true, they were two different quirks, but I needed my quirks to seem like one. I didn't want to stand out too much.

"God you're so lucky to have such a flashy quirk." Kirishima said.

"And to be so freaking cute!" The girl named Mina said, squishing my cheeks. I blushed.

At that moment, my cheeks still held in eager pink hands, I spotted someone I'd hoped I'd never have the displeasure of seeing again.

"DEKU?!" He yelled upon seeing me. Everyone turned to look at him and I. He stood up loudly and walked over. We were nearly eye to eye but he was still a couple inches taller.

"Kacchan." I said, slightly annoyed. "You're just as loud as you were in junior high."

"SHUT UP NERD! A-AND WHERE THE HELL DO YOU GET OFF TALKING TO ME LIKE THAT?!"

Katsuki Bakugo stuttering? Odd. "Honestly, Kacchan, I would have thought you finally matured over the summer but clearly that's not the case." I said, unamused.

"HOW DID YOU EVEN GET INTO UA, YOU QUIRKLESS NOBODY!?"

"Simple. I'm not quirkless."

"I'VE KNOWN YOU YOUR ENTIRE LIFE AND YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN-!"

"I just didn't feel the need to rub it in everyone's faces for validation, like you did. We don't all have a fragile egotistical nature that compensates for our raging inferiority complex." I pretended to whisper the last part. He growled angrily but then stomped back to his seat. I heard a few whispers around the classroom and stares in my direction but I didn't care. I sat down in my seat next to Uraraka.

"I love your hair today, Uraraka! It's really nice. Did you get a haircut from the last time I saw you?" I asked sweetly. She seemed slightly surprised for a second but then flattered that I had noticed.

"Yes I did!" She said, giggling.

"It is indeed very nice, Uraraka!" Iida agreed. The class went back to normal. I'd decided that the only person I refused to be all sweet and bubbly with would be Kacchan. He had bullied and tormented me for years. Making fun of me for being fatherless, beating me despite me being nothing but kind to him, criticizing me at whatever chance he got. All I had wanted was for him to like me and allow me to be his friend but he never allowed that. Only the last year of junior high, after my mother died, did he leave me alone. I assumed it was because he changed but I was wrong. Becoming a villain made me realize that I deserved more than to be treated like worthless trash by some teenager with anger issues. Katsuki Bakugo would realize that even if he hadn't changed over the last year, I had.