Chapter 3 (Auditions)

Okay so today are the auditions. I'm so overwhelmed yet excited. Feeling nauseous yet very positive that nothing will go bad.
Ross and I have been rehearsing for the past 3 weeks except we skipped the kissing scenes because well he has a girlfriend and uh... maybe I might have a boyfriend named Chris. I decided to give him a chance, but the only reason why I gave him a chance was because he didn't stop bothering me and he was trying so hard. He was being so, so sweet. And one thing that made me fall for him was his blue-gray eyes light brown hair and his dimples. Well that was more than one.
...
I walked to the theater where I saw about 50 people. This isn't going to take very long.
I felt my phone vibrate. I checked it and it was Vanessa who sent me a message.
Vanessa: Hey Laur guess who's home?
I replied quickly to her I was so excited. I wanted to get my car and drive straight home.
Me: OMG! 😱 No your not!
Vanessa: Oh so you don't believe me.
She sent a picture of her and Mom outside of our house.
Me: Ahh I'll be there once I get out of my audition.
I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw it was Chris. He was embracing a teddy bear. He reached out and hugged me. I hugged him and he said "Here this is for you" The bear was holding a heart that said I love you! I took it and said "Aw thanks...uh I don't want to sound rude but is it possible that you leave I'm nervous enough to audition in front of these people and now that my boyfriend is here I'll be more nervous."
He replied, "as long as we hang out after it"
"Yeah okay. Well bye"
"Bye" He kissed my cheek and we hugged and he left and Ross entered quickly. He looked sweaty.

"Hey you why are you breathing so heavily and sweating so much? Running away from your girlfriend?" I was laughing and he just smiled "Are you ready Ross? Cause I am sure she'll pick you to go up first"

"Uh actually yeah. I had an amazing partner to practice with." he playfully pushed me and smiled with his gorgeous big smile.

"Okay everybody settle down and take a seat anywhere you'd like. I will call the people going for Mercutio first then we'll the the rest, Romeo and Juliet will go last. Oh and in partners don't worry I'll be choosing them okay let's get started."

Ross POV

All I could think about was he break-up between me and Niomi. Gosh she seemed mad but I don't care. I wasn't feeling anything for her anymore but why? Oh i know why it's all because of Laura. She caught my attention the first day we met and ugh feelings started creeping in. I felt butterflies but she is dating Chris my best friend my brother. I can't do that to him. I'd feel pretty ashamed.

"We finished our other cast. Now the time we've all been waiting for..."

"It's time to go home." said some girl from the back

"No. It's time to choose our Romeo and Juliet. Uh huh Yesenia you will audition with Cristian. Alyssa with Fernando. Laura with Ross..." she went on and on. I turned to Laura and she was smiling and i smiled back to her.

Everybody auditioned and it was finally our turn.

"Laura, Ross you guys will use the kissing scene."

"Wait you mean we have to like kiss" Laura asked nervously.

"Yes is there a problem with that Ms.Marano because in show business this is what they are going to ask. So if you dont want to do that then you might as well leave."

"No, No problem at all." she looked as if she was going to cry.

We started

"If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shrine, the gentle sin is this: My lips, two blushing pilgrams, ready stand to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss." i acted out

"Good pilgram, you do no wrong your hand too much, which manerly devotion shows in this; for saints have hands that pilgrams' hands do touch, and palm to palm is holy palmers kiss"