Chapter 25

I woke up thinking later I had to pack and catch a plane in 2 days. I didn't want to get up from bed, but I had to. Graduation is today and it is also the last day of High School.

I get out of bed and head to the bathroom to take a shower. Once I get out I go to the kitchen to be greeted by everyone. My family and Ross's family.

"Hey sleeping beauty." I heard Ellington say.

"Hey everyone." I said.

"Congratulations on surviving High School." Rydel tells me and pulls out a chair for me to sit.

"Thanks."

"Hey what about me Rydel. Me that I'm your brother, and your not congratulating me." Ross whined

"Stop talking and finish eating. These two have to hurry and get dressed before going to their Graduation." My dad says while he washes his dishes.

Everyone else was dressed, even Ross. All he needed was his cap and gown. Me on the over hand was still in shorts and a tank top. I couldn't even wear this and just put the gown over cause they check if your formally dressed.

"So are you guys excited?" Ryland asks.

"Well I am. School will be down and then tour." Ross replies.

"How bout you Laura?" Rydel asks.

"Uh well-" I was cut off by Rocky.

"Did you tell her she could come on tour?" Rocky asks Ross.

"Uh-"

"He did, but I can't go Rocky. I leave for New York in two days."

Everyone dropped their spoons and stayed quiet for at least ten seconds until Ryland spoke up. "Wait your leaving in two days!?"

"Yeah I am." I said looking down. I covered my eyes. I don't want to see their faces. I started to tear up a little.

Someone had gotten up. I took my hands off and saw Ellington come over to me and give me a hug.

"Please don't cry. Today is a big day and you need to be happy. Don't be sad that your leaving. Feel happy your life will begin when you ride that plane to New York. We will see each other often. And I'm proud of how far you have come." Wow that was the first time I have heard him say something that was not incredibly stupid.

Everyone suddenly piled over me making me feel better. "Laura we will help you all the time." Ryland says.

"Yeah and I'm pretty sure you'll be helping us with our music." Rocky says.

"Laura. Go make your life don't worry about Ross we'll take care of him alright." Rydel says.

"Look it's not only him who I'm gonna miss its gonna be all of you. You all changed my life so much. You are all like my older brothers and sister. You all mean so much to me." I reply back to all of them.

"Laur we will all miss you too. But we want you to make your life. Most importantly me. Don't worry about me I'll be fine." Ross speaks up.

"Just promise that you'll come visit us and call us all the time." Ellington says.

"For the first couple months I won't because I need to get used to the fact that I'm not gonna see you. But after that I promise to call."

"Okay guys leave Laura alone now she needs to get ready. Ross sweetie go put on your cap and gown." Stormie tells them.
....
I got out of my room to see everyone ready to go. I saw Ross sitting on the couch wearing his blue and white cap and gown.