Chapter 17

We arrived to Vanessa's room. The nurse opened the door for us. She let us go in first and then her.

The doctor was inside. He looked over at us and said,"She needs 1 more centimeter."

Vanessa's face was ready and sweaty. She started screaming in pain. Each time louder and louder.

"How you doin' Vanessa?" I asked her.

"How do you think I'm doing. I'm about to give birth to a child!" she screamed. I backed away, but then went closer to her.

Riker was holding her left hand. I looked at him. His face was full of pain, because Vanessa was squeezing his hand hard and her nails are long.

I held her other hand until Stormie said to go to see the birth which I really didn't want to see, but I still did go. Stormie held her hand while Rydel and I waited for her to give birth.

"Ahh." Vanessa screamed. I bet the guys could hear her screams.

"Alright it's time,"the doctor said,"Ready to push."

"Yes! Just get this out of me."

I laughed a little at her reaction. Rydel did too.

"Push!"

She started pushing and screaming. She then started crying at the same time.

The doctor said,"It's coming."

I looked and ugh did it look gross. I started to feel like I was going to faint. I looked over to Rydel who looked like she was going to throw up.

We looked at each other and started crying.

"Okay push one more time."

She did so. She started screaming louder than she was.

"It's out." The baby started crying. I walked over to the baby and saw her. She looked so gross. Well she was covered with things.

Vanessa started breathing heavily. Riker looked over to the baby and back to Vanessa.

He told the doctor if he could take her to Vanessa, but he said until she gets cleaned up.

"Get ready for the next one." the doctor said.

"The next one." Vanessa said. She stood up a little but laid back down because of the contractions. "They only told me one was coming. Ah!"

"What? Alright get ready cause it's coming." the Doctor replied.

"Why didn't they tell her she was having twins?" Rydel asked me.

"I don't know. We didn't know.

She started screaming louder than the first one.

"Ah! Get it out!" she screamed.

"Push harder." the doctor said.

"Don't you think I'm trying!Ah!" her face was red. She squeezed her hand into Riker's harder than before.

"It's out. And it's another girl. We'll go get them washed up and bring them so you could see them. Congratulations. One of the nurses will help you get cleaned up and transfer you to one of the rooms in the infantry."

"You did it. Two baby girls." Riker sounded so proud.

She was breathing heavily. "That was hard. Never get pregnant okay you two." referring to me and Rydel.

One of the nurses told us, Rydel, Stormie and I, that we need to leave.

I quickly took a peak in the door and said,"Congrats. I can't believe I'm an aunt."I could see Vanessa smiling.