Chapter 6

Ross POV
I stayed over at Vanessa's house this weekend just because she let me and she wanted me to help her finish. She is so awkward. Anyways I got up and saw that it was 5:49am. Time for school. I went to Laura's little drawer in which she let me put clothes in so when I sleep over with her I have some. I pulled out some ripped light blue skinny jeans. I grab a black shirt from the closet and my converse. 6:06. I wake Laura up and while I let her wake up I go to the kitchen so excited to cook her breakfast, but instead Vanessa was awake and already cooking some eggs and bacon.
"Hey sleepy head. Tired."
"Nah well just a little."
"Oh hey I got a couch yesterday while you and Laura were out. Did you see it while coming to the kitchen."
"Oh yeah I..." Vanessa interrupted me.
"Good cause that's where you are going to sleep"
"But I'm okay sleeping in Laura's room."
"Well I'm not. Look I don't want Laura to end up heart broken because of you."
"Vanessa I would never hurt your sister. I love her to much. She drives me crazy."
"I hope she doesn't drive you crazy enough that you want to get into her pants."
I just laughed but she looked at me so serious. I was about to get a piece of bacon when Vanessa smacks my hand. "Hey"
"You gotta wait for Laura."
Laura came out wearing a teal romper and some strapped sandals and a loose cardigan. She looked gorgeous. She curled her hair and put on light makeup but went bold on the eye liner and mascara. "Wow" I thought. I was staring at her until Vanessa said "Hey keep your eyes on your food and be a gentleman."
"Vanessa be nice. You should be happy I found a guy that truly loves me." responded Laura for me.
"I am. I'm just making sure this stupid head doesn't go to far."
"Talking about far um... Ross invited me to his cabin in Colorado in 3 weeks."
"Oh that's so nice. Also so romantic. You can't go!"
"Vanessa please." begged Laura with a puppy face. She looked so cute.
"Not unless Ross's mom or dad go with you or one of his siblings." she pointed at me with the spatula.
"Riker will go with us cause he is headed back anyways." I quickly responded.
"But if I let you go he had to stay there the whole weekend long. Oh Laura you told me to remind you about the play."
"Okay yeah. I forgot about that. We'll be back at around 6:00. We don't get out until 5:30 or so. I'll call you."
"You better okay hurry up you guys are going to be late."
I told Vanessa,"But school doesn't start until 8:05 and its 7:13"
"Well if I were you I would get going wouldn't I."
"Yes Vanessa." me and Laura said at the same time.
Laura quickly gave Vanessa a hug and I was about to until she said "We are not there yet back away from the pregnant woman."
She is such a...person.
....
Laura's POV
We arrived at school. Everybody was starting to stare over at us as we got down the car. Oh before I forget Ross has a black Dodge Charger. I felt so cool in it. Anyways I felt so uncomfortable at everyone staring. "Ross...um...Everyne is starring." He wrapped his arms around my shoulders.
"Look I could care less. I love you and only you."
"But Ross," I pulled his arm away from me,"I do. All of them are going to start calling me a slut and all that. And I do not want that. Also, Niomi still doesn't know about us and then Chris."
"Alright. See you during break, 4th period, lunch, and drama."
We were somewhere where no one was at and we quickly kissed and the bell rang. We both said "Bye" at the same time. Everybody started packing the hallway as Ross and I looked back at each other in a flirtatious way.
.....
I entered my Chemistry class and sat next to Kimberly since Mr.Watson is to old that he forgot to make a seating chart.
"Hey Kim."
"Hey Laura.I feel like I haven't seen you in years."
"Yeah it has."
"Hey did you hear that Ross and Niomi broke up because he wanted to date some girl who had a boyfriend and was dating with Ross at the same time. What a slut!"
I tightened my lips and inhaling so much air and exhaling it heavily. "Yeah. Uh Kim what if I told you I'm that girl."
Her eyes suddenly widened. And she covered her mouth and tried saying something, but all you could hear was air coming out of her mouth. I just followed her with my eyes while she moved her head.
Finally something came out. "Laura! What why? You had Chris."
"Okay I know but I never liked him and I never ever cheated on him not once. Ross didn't cheat on Niomi either. We barely started dating over the weekend. And he wasn't that into her anyways."
"Look I won't say anything cause it looks like you really like him."
"I do"
"And your like one of my Best friends. I'm so happy for you."
"Okay everyone settle down." said Mr.Watson."Today we will discuss the project and we will choose partners."
He talked the whole period long. Ugh I wanted break to come already.
The bell finally rang and so did my phone.
"Hello."
"Hey Laura meet me at the bleachers by the football field."
"Okay I'm on my way."
I speed walked to the field with everybody giving me such a weird face. I stopped smiling. Why are they being this way? Ross broke up with her and I broke up with Chris.
.....
I finally got to the bleachers and saw Ross sitting and a couple of cross country runners.
"Hey you." said Ross
"Hey, ugh I felt first period go so slow. I wanted to see you already."
"Me too."
I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist.
"I didn't get to tell you how beautiful you look today because Vanessa didn't let me."
"Well thanks. Just ignore her. She actually really likes you."
"Are you sure about that?" he said rolling his eyes.
"Yes cause when I told her about you..."
"Oh so you did talk about me with her." he smirked and then smiled.
"Yes I did, but that's not the point the point is that when I told her she really wanted to meet you."
"She is just being really protective. Like a big sister should be you know."
"Yeah I do. I used to get that a lot until they all decided to move back to Colorado." his face sort of saddened and started looking down, but when he noticed me starring his face expression quickly changed and he was smiling.
"Ross what really happened with all that if your siblings leaving?"
"Well, it's a long story and I don't think we have much time left of break."
"We got 10 minutes left."
"Fine. Okay so when I first brought Niomi home she seemed like a good guest and all, but then when I repeatedly took her she started treating my brothers and sister bad. That's what they said. I didn't believe them. They said that if I kept bringing her over they'd leave and then all four of us got into a huge argument about it and then there was so much more things like Riker punching me and Ryland kicking me and Rocky just hitting me everywhere. Rydel and mom tried to stop them but they didn't. They left me all bruised up and blood coming down my face. My mom told all of them to leave the house at once. Also that they should of cared about my happiness with Niomi. They left and then Christmas came around I had forgiven them, so we went to Colorado for the holidays. And me being so stupid took her. When they saw her they got up from the table and all left the house. I ran outside and told them that why are they being this way with her and I remember Rydel saying 'Did you know she didn't only treat us bad but also mom and dad! Tell mom that we aren't coming back home until that girl leaves this house.' I asked where they were going they didn't reply and just left on the snow motorcycle thingy. Niomi heard everything so she took my car and left to a hotel and I left with her. It was heart breaking to think about that. And one day I saw her act all messed up to my mom,but I never said anything until we broke up."
"Wow."
"And now I don't know how the rest are gonna take it when I go. Riker forgave me and me to him."
"They'll take it well trust me."
The bell rang.
"Time to go to class Ross."
"No I want to be here with you laying on your lap and you playing with my hair."
"Ross get up."
He got up and we walked back into the school, but separately. Everybody had stopped starring at me and whispering silently who knows why.
......
Ross POV
I entered the theater and was walking towards Laura when I saw Niomi pointing at a seat for me, but I walked on over to Laura who was sitting next to her friend Larry.
I got to my seat and heard someone calling me.
"Hey Ross isn't it going to be weird to kiss your cousin in the play." said some guy until I turned around and it was my friend Garret.
"Garret Laura isn't my cousin she's...," I was about to say girlfriend but stopped, "She is my friend.
"Well Niomi is saying she is your cousin and that you guys didn't break up."
"Well we did."
I got up and stood on the stage as Laura looked up at me nervously.
"Okay how many of you think me and Laura are cousins?"
Everybody raised their hands and especially Niomi all proud.
"Well we aren't. We are..." I looked over to Laura and said sorry and made a face of 'I know you wanted to wait but' "We are dating. Niomi is making up stuff okay alright me and Laura make it official as of today. I never cheated on Niomi and nor Laura to Chris. We broke up with them and then we started dating. And if I ever see or hear any of you calling my GIRLFRIEND a slut watch what's going to happen."