Chapter 24

I was at home getting ready. I need to look good for Laura and well since I'm performing I need to look fresh. My mom put my hair back with gel making a little bump at the beginning.

She had finished everyone else. I was last cause I had to go to the dry cleaners to pick up my suit and Laura's corsage. Also I needed a bouquet of flowers.

"Hey Ross you ready?" I heard Rydel call from the downstairs.

"Ready!" I screamed back.

I was coming downstairs seeing my family all ready. My mom was covering her mouth up with both her hands nearly letting out a single tear. My dad on the other hand was recording me.

"Wow! Ross you look so handsome." My mom says. She comes over to me and gives me a hug.

"Okay if I wasn't your sister I would totally say you look like a hottie my friend." Rydel says and laughs a little.

"Hey I'm standing right here!" Ellington exclaims and Rydel walks over to him giving him a kiss on the cheek.

My mouth drops and then Riker says doing air quotes on thing," Yeah their 'thing' is real."

"Hey Ell can I talk to you for a bit." I tell him.

He walks over to me sort of scared.

I heard Rydel whisper in the back,"What do you think he'll do? You guys already tackled him."

"Look Ratliff my sister means the world to me and I don't want you to just be playing around with her just to get into her pants-" he cut me off.

"I'm not." he says.

"Let me finish. If you break her heart or do anything to her I swear I will hunt you down and kill you myself. You understand!"

He nods his head as I let him go. Rydel pulls him back and tells him,"He's just messing with you."

"No I'm not!" I say walking out the door. "Mom we'll be back by 12 or 1 depends how we are feeling. Ryland you coming or what?"

"But I'm not ready." he responds

"You look ready to me." I reply back.

He runs to the limo that the record let us borrow and gets in first. I was so excited for prom, but mostly to see my beautiful girlfriend in her dress all nice.

LAURAS POV
I was in my room finishing my mascara, well Vanessa was. I was so excited. My hair was curled with some braids that are stuck on your hair on my right side. I had eyeliner on and mintish eyeshadow with a little white and the mascara. I also had a light link lipstick on.

"Okay your all set now go put on your dress and shoes."

"Thanks for helping me." I tell her.

"Okay I'll be waiting for you in the living room with dad." she says.

I put on my dress and my 3 inch heels. I at least have to be 5'5.

I walk out the door and see my family gasp. "Laura you look gorgeous." my dad says.

"Thanks dad." I reply back.

"Wow I knew I was awesome but not like this awesome." Vanessa says excitedly.

"Your mom would have loved to see you." My dad says.

"I know. Well let's get some pictures together dad and then Vanessa and I, and one by myself."

My dad grabbed my camera and took some pictures and then we both took some pictures. I heard a knock on the door and went to open it.

I saw my blondies and fellow brunettes. "You all look amazing! Look at you!"