Chapter Four

Alex:

The sound of someone banging on the front door wakes me from my deep slumber. Cracking open one eye, I slowly let my eyes trail down towards my wrists.

They are covered in gauze wraps, there are some spots where the blood has seeped through the material, creating the gauze to look like it's polka dotted.

Hysterical laughter fills my bedroom, coming from me, maybe I have finally gone crazy.

I'm brought out of my hysteria when someone bangs on the front door louder this time. Getting up from my bed I stumble my way down the stairs, towards the front door. By the time I finally reach the front door I am panting, I lay my head on the door taking deep breaths, just walking makes me so tired. Lifting my head up from the door, I look into the mirror hanging on the opposite wall.

My mouth hangs open in shock at what is looking back at me, it was horrid. My blue hair and eyes looked lifeless, I had deep bags under my eyes, they looked like bruises. My cheeks were sunken in and my clothes hanging off my body, all in all I looked like I was hit by a truck then run over by that same truck, not one but twice.

Shaking those thoughts off I turn towards the door, slowly opening it I peaked through the small crack shocked to see an agitated Justin standing on my doorstep.

"Justin?" I mumble quietly. What is he doing here?

"Oh my god, Alex! What happened?!" Justin ask, pushing me back into the house, closing the door behind him. "You haven't been to school in two fucking days! Everyone is worried sick!"

"Why would they be worried? I'm just some lonely gay kid, no one cares for me." I stare at him with a blank expression.

Confusion crosses Justin's face as he stares at me. "Alex what the hell is wrong with you?! Snap the hell out of it!" Justin throws his arms up in exasperation, causing me to flinch. I cower away from him, expecting pain to follow his actions.

"Alex?" Justin says softly "I would never hit you."

"I-I-I-I-I Kn-n-no-o-ow t-t-h-h-a-a-t-t" I stutter out.

"Oh, Alex baby" Justin says before gently pulling my small, fragile body towards his.

That's when the water works start, tears stream down my face, never missing a beat, getting Justin's shirt wet. I cling to him like a second skin, I don't want to let go, father will come back and rape me now that I am awake.

"Shhhh, it's alright baby, I've got you. Nothing can harm you now." Justin whispers in my ear, running his hands through my hair soothingly, as I keep sobbing into his chest. Justin wraps his arms tighter around me, picking me up he guides my legs to wrap around his waist. I move my arms from around his waist, up to around his neck squeezing tightly. I burry my face into the side of his neck, just breathing in his sent makes me calm down.

"Where is your room baby?" he asks, rubbing his arms up and down my back. I just point up the stairs. Carefully he makes his way up the stairs with me cuddled into his chest like a small child. "Which door is it baby boy?" Again, I only point to the door down the hall, hiding my face in the side of his neck. Opening my bedroom door, he goes in and sits on my bed, cradling me to his chest. "Baby, you have to talk to me, tell me what is bothering you."

"You will hate me if I tell you" I mumble with my face buried in his chest now.

Tightening his arms Justin says "I could never hate you Alex. Just please tell me, I need to know, so I can protect you!" He pleads with me.

Slowly I nod my head against his chest.

"Do you think you can come out of your little hiding spot? Can I see your beautiful face?" he asks chuckling.