Chapter Fifteen

Alex:

I curl into a tight ball as my mate wraps his body around me in a protective embrace, soothing my aches instantly. I purr in content when Justin's wolf starts to groom my wolf's coat. As Justin continues to groom my fur my body slowly starts to relax into his furry embrace. My jaws stretch wide as I take in a big yawn before laying my head on his thigh, burying my face into his soft fur. 

My body feels like it's drifting off into oblivion until a whole bunch of voices invade my hazy, sleep induced mind. I bolt up in fright, mine and Justin's head almost clashing together. My wolf starts to whimper in fright, think that a mob of people have come to hurt us. 

Justin starts to lick my muzzle in effort to comfort my racing mind as all the memories of past abuse filter through. My whole body starts to shake, my whimpering gradually getting louder as the voices grow louder. Maybe I have finally gone insane. Maybe since my mind has received so much abuse it finally stopped fighting. The fact that I had just turned into a werewolf was too much for my already fragile mind to comprehend.

Shh, baby boy , everything is going to be ok. You're not going insane. It's just all the voices of the pack. You need to learn how to put up your wall.

Justin?

Yes, baby, now its time to teach you how to shut out all these annoying voices. 

I don't know if I can do it Marshmallow. I whimper silently in my head.

Yes, you can. Now take a deep breath and try to relax into my embrace. Just focus on you're breathing and my voice in your head. Justin patiently instructs me.

Laying my head back down onto his thigh, I start to slow my breathing and focus on Justin.

Very good baby boy, you're doing great. Now picture building a wall, brick by brick. This will block your mind from unwanted voices. 

Slowly I picture the bricks, building my wall. The voices slowly start to quiet down, until they completely disappear. What do I do now Marshmallow? 

That's all you have to do. But when someone from the pack wishes to speak with you through the pack link, it will feel like someone is knocking on a door into your mind. 

Why are you still able to talk to me Justin?

Because we have the mating bond , I have access to your mind all the time, just as you do mine.

But what if I want to surprise you? I won't be able to because you will be snooping in my head all the time. I whine.

All you have to do is ask me to stay out of your head and I will heed to you wishes, baby boy. Now go to sleep, you need your rest.

With that I slowly drift off into a comfortable sleep next to my handsome mate.

+++++