Chapter Nine

Justin:

"I love you."

Those are the words that I expect to come out of my mates mouth every time I look at him. I remember him saying it to me when he thought I was asleep, but he hasn't said it to my face. I say it to him constantly, but I never get an "I love you" back. I know he is struggling with the chemo and everything, but if he loves me why can't he say it to my face? How hard is it to say "hey, Justin I'm in love with you"?

He tests my patience sometimes, he isn't being very optimistic, he's always in a bad mood, doesn't want to do anything but lay in bed all day and pout. It's getting on my nerves, I feel if he spends another day in that damn bed I'm going to blow up at him.

That's the reason I'm lock in my office doing Alpha work, just to keep me busy and from yelling at my mate to get off his lazy ass.

Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang

"Come in" I yell.

Zac comes walking in with a glare on his face. "What is wrong with you?"

"What do you mean?" I look at him confused.

"Alex is getting his daily dosage of chemo, asking where his amazing boyfriend is. I told him I would look for you." He say glaring at me. "Here you are, doing paperwork, you know I can take care off this shit! You know that Sugar Puff has his daily dosages at the exact same time everyday!"

I couldn't take it anymore, the blatant disrespect was agitating me and my wolf. Standing up I slam my hands on the desk, Zac doesn't even flinch as I yell "what I do with my mate is none of your business! How dare you come in here and demand my location, Alex is perfectly fine doing the chemo by himself, while I have been neglecting my Alpha duties!"

"You are neglecting your dying mate's needs." Zac simply states before walking out.

I stand there stunned, my anger dissipating instantly. What have I done? Alex must hate me! He is going to be so angry with me, I promised to be there for him the whole way, yet here I am. I'm being a pussy, complaining about Alex being moody, he has cancer for crying out loud!

Walking out of my office I break out into a sprint, heading towards the room Alex has been confined to. Opening the door, what I see behind makes me feel like a grade A asshole. Alex is curled up against Zac's chest crying, asking what he did wrong, what made me upset at him. Zac is trying his hardest to comfort Alex, but I'm the only one who can comfort him.

I walk over towards Alex and carefully take him away from Zac, being mindful of where he is attached to the chemo machine. Shooing Zac away from the bed I crawl in with a sobbing Alex clutching my shirt for dear life.

"What did I do wrong?!" he wails. "I'm sorry for whatever it is that I did, I didn't mean to make you upset!"

"Shhh, it's not you baby boy. I was just being a grade A asshole. I'm sorry I wasn't here when the doctor hooked you up to the chemo. Can you forgive me?" I look away from Alex, not wanting to see the disappointment shine through his deep blue eyes. "I am the worst boyfriend, I understand if you don't want me around anymore."

As soon as though words leave my mouth Alex has tackled me to the bed and has crawled his way up, so he is sitting on my stomach. "You are going no where! You promised me! You promised..." tears start to fall uncontrollably down my mate beautiful face, as he breaks down in front of me. "You promised that you would never leave me! But when something go too hard for you, you bailed on me! How could you?! You have broken my trust Justin."

Pulling Alex down onto my chest I cradle his small body close, "shh... I'm so sorry, I know that there is no excuse for my behaviour."

Alex whimpers softly cuddling up to my chest as he falls back to sleep, clutching my shirt for dear life.

I did this to him... how could I put so much pressure of him? He has everything weighing down on his shoulders, why did I have to make it worse? I want to make it better for him, I want to take all the weight from his shoulders, I want him to be able to relax without worrying. I did the exact opposite. I am the worse mate.

When I feel Alex's tears hit my neck, where his face is nuzzled, I am shocked and horrified that I have made my mate cry. Not just cry, but cry in his sleep. I can feel my heart breaking.

+++++

ONE WEEK LATER

Alex still doesn't trust me. We may have the mating pull, but there is not trust bond anymore. I have broken that. He won't let me hold him anymore, he won't let me touch him. Alex flinches away from me every time I go to touch him. I just want to hold my mate again.

Slowly I make my way to his room, it is time for his chemo session, I do this everyday hoping that one day he will finally let me hold him. I don't care that he has lost all of his beautiful blue hair, or that he is so thin and fragile that one wrong flick of my wrist could snap his bones. I just want to hold my beautiful mate again.

I open the door to see Dr Peter and a bunch of nurses surrounding Alex's fragile form on the big bed. They are all yelling and screaming instructions at each other.

Alex start all of the sudden starts to convulse violently, foam is coming out of his mouth and his eyes have rolled to the back of his head. Dr Peter and the nurses take action, holing his body down as one nurse sticks my mate will a needle, it does nothing. The Nurse looks at Dr Peter helplessly. 

"What is happening?!" I yell at everyone. Stalking over towards Dr Peter I grab the front on his shirt "tell me what is happening to my mate!"

"He is having a seizure Alpha" he says, showing his neck to me.

"Well do something about it then!"

"He isn't responding to the treatment." Dr Peter tries to pry my hands off of him "Alpha, I need you to let me go so I can help your mate." 

Zac comes running into the room and stops when he sees the state that my mate is in. When he finally looks over to me and Dr Peter, he tackles me to the ground. "Justin, you can't be in here, they need to help Sugar Puff."

I start to resist when he mentions leaving my mate in the vulnerable state he is in. "I am not leaving my mate, not when he is vulnerable!" I shout at Zac. 

The heart monitor flatlines, causing my own heart to stop, Zac lets go of me and I stumble my way over to Alex's bedside. "NO!" I wrap Alex's cold hand in mine, clutching it to my chest. I feel the bond that I had with him snap as he slips through my fingers.

"Alpha! If you mark him it might save him!" Dr Peter yells at me.

"But he might hate me, because that would mean he will be a werewolf. He will hate me for not telling him my secret when he has told me all of his."

"Does it matter!?" Zac yells. "Your mate would still be alive!"

I don't know what to do! I don't want to lose my mate, but I don't want him to hate me either.  

__________________________________________________________________

DON'T KILL ME!!

DON'T FORGET TO:

VOTE

SHARE

FOLLOW

COMMENT