03 : 𝖴𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋 𝖥𝗂𝗋𝖾

[🔫]

[Y/N's POV]

[⚠️ : Graphic content]

This son of a goddamn fucker.

I hardly grunted as I carried two, full buckets of water in both hands. We have just arrived three days ago and I was already situated in the middle of the spotlight for Commander Choi to tell around. Just like this afternoon; he forced me out to fetch clean water from the nearby spring for us to drink.

"Argh!" I dropped the buckets to the ground, droplets splashing. "Ngh.. My arms.."

Thud. Thud. Thud.

I didn't bother looking up as I saw a pair of combat boots halting in front of me. Commander Choi's voice shortly rang into my ears.

"Are you done?" He asked. "Get up, nurse. There's no time for you to rest."

"I wasn't resting, sir." Lied I, meeting his gaze behind those dark sunglasses. "I just sort of fell."

"What a disappointment you are then."

Commander Choi tilted his head arrogantly to the side, raising a brow as if taunting me. I clenched my fists, hiding them behind so he wouldn't see. He smugly frowned and scoffed, seeing that he wasn't able to squeeze much reaction from my face and turned away.

"Your colleagues are feasting on their lunch. Go get yours."

I kept my distasteful stare at him. I was only able to look at his back. Commander Choi fished out a radio from his pocket, pressed a button, and spoke close to it. I listened.

"Delta 107, Delta 107." He muttered.

There was a slight static before a foreign voice called back.

"This is Delta 107, over."

"Delta 107, how do you read?"

"Copy. 4 out 5, commander."

"I want deployment to the eastern coast. Monitor the beaches for possible encounters. Nordame seems a little more quiet today; I don't trust those fuckers."

"Roger that, sir."

"Do pitch me a report shortly. I'll be expecting within an hour."

"Delta 107 wilco."

He turned back to find me eavesdropping. I hurriedly rolled my eyes the other way, luckily spotting Maria, and scampered to her.

"Maria!" I yelped.

She glanced up from her rice-ball with a confused look. A grain of white rice was stuck on the side of her lips as she chewed. I disgustingly picked it off.

"Where have you been? I saved a pack for you." She tossed me my share. "Eat up. You seem exhausted."

"Commander Choi made me run errands."