12 : 𝖧𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖥𝖺𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖨𝗇 𝖬𝖾

[🩺]

Y/N woke up in a different environment. She was in a small, dark room, laying on a dusty mattress. The walls were chipped and crumbly. Electricity wasn't running. She wasn't alone. About two dozen soldiers were knocked out unconscious. They had either bandages around their arms, legs, or heads.

"Ah.." Y/N winced when she sat up.

A faint babble erupted from the other side of the door. It sounded like Maria arguing with a person. Y/N slowly blinked; her mind was still hazy and she was trying to process every scenario before she fainted.

"You are the worst nurse I've ever encountered!"

"I did my job, commander! I took the bullet out!"

"Then why is she still unresponsive?!"

"Because she lost consciousness!" Maria screeched. "It's normal! It happens!"

"She's been out for what?! 6 hours!" Commander Choi spat. "How is that normal?!"

"Oh please!"

"If anything happens to her, I'll—"

"What? Deport me? Where?"

"You're not one to challenge me, nurse."

"It's Maria for you, sir." She scoffed. "I don't see why you should be stressing over Y/N's condition when you can worry about our goddamn country losing instead."

"How can I not?!"

"Because you were never this concerned with your other men and what— just because my friend got shot in the shoulder you'll act like she's in the deathbed?! Y/N is fine! She's a tough woman!"

"You know? I'm glad I've discarded you as my fucking cousin."

"Good! 'Cause we never liked your arrogant parents anyway!"

Y/N arched a brow. Commander Choi and Maria are cousins? Didn't her boss say he never knew any other relatives aside from his grandfather? Didn't her friend say she met him first during training? Did they lie?

BLAG!