13 : 𝖮𝗎𝗋 𝖫𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾

[🔥]

[⚠️: Graphic content]

It was the early morning of November 9, 1941. One week after Commander Choi initiated a plan for a sneak attack against Nordame and Betherel. There were more than 900 men on their side, grouped into nine units to scatter all around the enemies' base.

Thanks to Montverde's alliance with Laim and Galyette, Commander Choi's battalion was well-equipped and prepared. Tanks and artilleries lined up in the street. Soldiers were provided with firearms and sufficient ammos. New grenade belts and tear gases hung around their torsos. Mortars and rocket boosters itched to fire away.

"Today's the day, boys." Commander Choi announced to his snacking huddle. "Come what may, we'll get through this. I entrust our motherland's liberty into your hands. Do not fail me."

"Sir!" They all saluted.

"To all unit leaders, I best hope for you to accomplish your duties with bravery and faithfulness."

Sergeant Kang, Corporal Pierre, Corporal Sy, and five more officials firmly nodded and tipped their hats in response. Even though the sun hasn't fully risen yet, Commander Choi put on his dark sunglasses. He turned to the vehicles and clapped twice.

"Everyone get in." He ordered. "Make it quick and leave no item behind."

They all complied. Wounded soldiers were now in good conditions, insistent to combat even for the minimum actions. Y/N rushed out of the building with Maria tying the knot of her freshly changed bandage. Her shoulder was feeling a lot more better that she can even move it gently in circles.

"Take care of your injury, okay?" Maria reminded. "I won't be there to aid you so you must do it yourself."

"No worries," Y/N smiled. "I can."

"Nurse Y/N." Commander Choi called.

Maria immediately excused herself and rushed to Sergeant Kang's unit. Y/N gripped on the strap of her kit tightly. The grinning commander marched towards her, hands on his hips. Y/N tightly beamed at him.

"Good morning to you."

"Good morning, commander." She raised a brow. "Nervous?"

"I'd rather say I'm thrilled but there's a little pint of anxiety deep within."

"Hmm. That's understandable."

"Have you eaten your porridge yet?"

"Yes." She nodded. "What about you?"

"A piece of loaf was enough. How's your shoulder? Does it still bother you?"

"Not quite. I feel alright now."

Commander Choi exhaled in relief, tucking some lose hair behind her right ear. Y/N's face heated, causing her to purse her lips to stop an arching smile. He inched forward and planted a soft kiss upon her forehead.

"You belong to my team, Nurse Y/N."

She lightly scoffed. "I know."