09 : 𝖴𝗇𝖾𝗑𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝖣𝗎𝖾𝗅

[🍂]

[Y/N's POV]

"Argh! Damn it, don't press!"

"Keep it down, Sergeant Kang. Yes, that's it."

"Maria!"

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

"ARGH! OW! GET OFF OF ME!"

"Ah, good, good. Let's stitch it now, shall we?"

I entered the clinic to see Sergeant Kang desperately shoving Maria who was leaning towards him. She was holding a bloody cotton ball in one hand, the other pushing his writhing body down to the mattress. They both paused and looked at me as I arrived. I tightly smiled, walking in with the spare supply kit in my palms.

"What happened?" I asked, crouching to organize the items in a rack.

"Sergeant Kang fell of the tank and busted his lower lip. Look how much blood he lost." Maria shrugged.

"Why is he squirming like earthworm under salt though?"

"It hurts!" Sergeant Kang hissed. "And I'm afraid Nurse Maria over here is getting a little too reckless!"

"It's just a busted lip." Maria insisted.

"So?!"

"So stop whining like a baby. I didn't cut off a limb."

"Cut me some slack, will you?"

"Make me."

"Maria!"

"You ran to me for help, let me remind you that." She gritted. "Stay still."

I watched as she dabbed a freshly alcohol-soaked cotton to his lip. I could tell she was barely touching the surface but Sergeant Kang stiffened as if she was skinning him alive. I fondly shook my head at their mess. I stacked sealed gauze, bandages, fabrics, medicine boxes, and tools on their respective places. There wasn't anything else to do really. So, doing the minimum would be the least to entertain my boredom. I needed something to stow my mind away from the war. Especially when my family is highly at risk. It has been bugging me lately.