04 : 𝖠𝗂𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖢𝗈𝗆𝗆𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋

[☕]

[Third Person's POV]

The last thing they knew later that night was that Nordame surprisingly backed out. Montverde guessed that they must have ran out of bullets to fire, thus they retreated. Nonetheless, the damage has been massive. Half of the tents were burnt to ashes, a tank has been destroyed, fifty men died, and their base was no longer good for shelter.

They all moved up to where Doctor Hoon led her group; the cave. If one thing, it was spacious enough to accommodate the rest of them. Dozens of men were being treated; their wails and grunts filling the cold 4 AM air. Y/N stayed awake. In fact, all of them did. It wasn't a moment to get some rest. Everyone must keep moving.

"Y/N," Maria handed her coffee. "Drink. You need it."

She rubbed her sore eyes. "Thanks."

"There are still four men yet to tend. I was wondering if you could cater one of them."

"Sure, no problem."

Y/N blinked hard, desperately fighting the urge to fall asleep. Her lids were getting heavy. Despite the coffee, her body still felt weak and shaken. Trauma was imprinted in her memory.

She took another hot sip and collected her kit. She waddled over to the patients, squeezing through the array of mattresses wherein the bleeding and unconscious troops laid. She spotted a man sitting on a chair. Blood was visible from the thin linen around his shoulder. He was holding a glass of water in one hand, the other immobile on his thigh. He was staring at the catastrophic aftermath below— faint orange embers and dark smoke climbing up the sky.

"Commander," Y/N cautiously called.

Commander Choi partly turned his head but didn't look at her. He stayed in that pose for a second or two before discarding her presence. He took out his radio and turned it on.

"Falcon 34, Falcon 34."

Again, she heard the same, short static.

"This is Falcon 34, commander. Over."

"Abandon rove. Move to the nearest town and get your boys some decent sleep."

"Requesting repeat, commander. It's a 2 out of 5 read over here. Over."

"Abandon rove, I repeat. Proceed to the closest community you could find and rest."